El Paso Saddlery

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

El Paso Saddlery

Post by RPBrown »

Anyone had any dealings with these folks?
November 30 I ordered a holster for my new S&W 69.
Now, I have used Tucker on several occasions with no issues.
El Paso had a statement that because of their efforts to make exceptional products as well as COVID causing personnel shortages, delivery could be as long as 90 days. I am okay weigh that especially since it’s also Christmas time so I place my order and pay with a credit card.
Here we are 4 months later and still no holster so I call them. The man put me on hold while he went looking for the order. After about 10 minutes he comes back and said he found it and it was on the production line but he moved it ahead of some others that had been there less time. He said if I hadn’t received it in 3 weeks to call him back.
As much as I like what I ordered, I will give them the 3 weeks but after that I will cancel and order from Tucker. Just wanted something a little different and to still give it to a Texas company.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

cirus

Re: El Paso Saddlery

Post by cirus »

I've had good luck with DM Bullard.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

cirus wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:00 pm I've had good luck with DM Bullard.
I had the same issue with Bullard as the OP is having with El Paso. I know that all guns and gun accessory sales are at record levels, but it seem many have resorted to the COVID defense. It could be feasible, that getting raw materials is slower, but I felt like they did not get in a hurry, until I threatened to cancel my order. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

E10

Post by E10 »

I’ve always had good luck with El Paso Saddlery, but it helps that I’m right here in town. They’ve never had a reputation for fast service, and it’s possible that COVID and the supply chain have caused further delay. I like their products so, to me, it’s worth the wait.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Jusme wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:06 pm ... it seem many have resorted to the COVID defense....
True and sad.

That is such a turn off. Lots of companies are impacted but sadly, lots of others have just been using it as a customer service crutch.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I have never had any problems with El Paso Sadderly or Bullard’s. I haven’t ordered anything in a while. I just put a order in for one Bullard’s because I am hoping they will be a little quicker than TT Gunleather. However I made an order with Tim at TT Gunleather at the same time as Bullard’s. We will see who is quicker.

I hope El Paso Sadderly will not disappoint you even more.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

I have several El Paso Saddlery products and whereas I like their holsters, I do not care for their belts. Have used them since the late 70s. Has always been a wait, but within reason for most of the other custom shops. Agree, I am getting tired of the COVID defense by everyone. In the last few years, I have moved most of my stuff to MTR Leather out of NC after El Paso couldn't seem to measure a belt to the correct length.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

EPS makes great products, but all my dealings are pre-COVID. I got some stuff for my cowboy shooting outfit, and they even reworked a holster no charge.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”