My new tax write-off

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Baytown
Posts in topic: 5

My new tax write-off

Post by Baytown »

Just wanted to post and say I got my new Les Baer TR Special in yesterday. I have never owned a gun this nice. Fit and finish are awsome and beyond expectations. Have not shot it yet, but I see no reason why it should not be dead nuts on.

I am now spoiled and will never again be able to buy a Kimber. I now see what the difference in price is all about.

Don't know how to post pics, but I'm sure everyone has seen them on the website. I just wanted to brag to someone who could appreciate a good gun. (The guys at the dept could just not understand why I didn't buy four Glocks with that money--they just don't understand! :roll: )

I'll see how it shoots next week.

Glenn

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Glenn:
I know you'll love it. I've been very happy with mine.

Chas.

Warhorse545

Post by Warhorse545 »

Congrats Glenn,
Your going to have a lot of fun shooting it.

I am still happy as can be with my TRS even if it is showing it's age. Still runs like a champ.

Stacey
TSRA Life Member

dws1117
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dws1117 »

Congrats! I am green with envy. Maybe one day the budget will allow something like that to come home with me. Until then, I will continue looking for either a Kimber or Springfield.

We expect a ful range report.

Topic author
Baytown

Post by Baytown »

I am going to the range today, Friday, and will give you a full report.

I called Baer to see if they got my last payment and the person on the phone said the gun was ready to ship, I just needed to pay my last payment. I gave her check card number and she said it would be in on Wed.

I got off of work at 0630 Wed morn and waited until noon at the station waiting for it to arrive. I had every sgt, detective, and patrol officer looking for the Fed Ex truck and to come wake me up in the women's lounge when it got here. And no I'm not a woman, but they have a couch in their lounge. Everyone thought I was nuts for waiting, but it finally came!

Glenn

TraCoun

Re: My new tax write-off

Post by TraCoun »

Baytown wrote:Just wanted to post and say I got my new Les Baer TR Special in yesterday. I have never owned a gun this nice. Fit and finish are awsome and beyond expectations. Have not shot it yet, but I see no reason why it should not be dead nuts on.

I am now spoiled and will never again be able to buy a Kimber. I now see what the difference in price is all about.

Don't know how to post pics, but I'm sure everyone has seen them on the website. I just wanted to brag to someone who could appreciate a good gun. (The guys at the dept could just not understand why I didn't buy four Glocks with that money--they just don't understand! :roll: )

I'll see how it shoots next week.

Glenn
Hey Baytown,
Sounds good, I'll be looking forward to your full report.
I hope that will include an in-depth section on how well it does on hitting Bianchi Barricades from a distance of, say, 2 inches. :lol:

TraCoun

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TraCoun wrote: Hey Baytown,
Sounds good, I'' be looking forward to your full report.
I hope that will include an in-depth section on how well it does on hitting Bianchi Barricades from a distance of, say, 2 inches. :lol:

TraCoun
I wonder if a hit from a TR Special on a Bianchi Barricade will send perfectly round .45 cal. PVC shrapnel into the non-threat targets? :lol: :lol:

Chas.

TraCoun

Post by TraCoun »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
I wonder if a hit from a TR Special on a Bianchi Barricade will send perfectly round .45 cal. PVC shrapnel into the non-threat targets? :lol: :lol:

Chas.
If the hole is in a NON-THREAT it's PVC, but if it's in a THREAT TARGET it's the bullet.

TraCoun

Topic author
Baytown

Post by Baytown »

Come on guys, "only a dumb-as* would shoot one of these things!" :oops: :oops: :oops: I was actually just field testing our plan to replace parts when those other people who don't know how to shoot got around them.

I shot it today and I only wish I was a better shooter because I know the gun can shoot better than me. I shot mixed ammo from a can I had on my reloading bench and only had two malfunctions-can't blame the gun for that.

It felt different than a Kimber/Springfield when I shot it. I will never again buy an off-the-shelf gun again. I am now looking to buy a Yost-Bonitz after I buy Darling Dear a fridge :roll: .

Even my dad, who just did not understand why I didn't buy two Kimbers, had decided a LB AR is on his need to have list.

Glenn

Warhorse545

Post by Warhorse545 »

They are hard to beat aren't they? The Bear guns just run great. How many rounds did you shoot? I had a few FTF with my first 500 rounds and went to about 3,000 before another.

And I myself have thought about one of their AR's, but I got 2 Bushmasters now and can not really find a need.

Stacey
TSRA Life Member

Topic author
Baytown

Post by Baytown »

I am guessing 200 rounds or there abouts. I can not fault the gun at all as I was running a bunch of different bullet shapes and loads. Some of them were IDPA loads I had at min power factor and it cycled the gun fine. The AR is next.

Glenn

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Hey Glen, That TR Special really did good for you today at the PSC IDPA match...That is until you took off from cover and were suprised by a "badguy" you forgot to engage...well, I guess that wasn't the gun's fault.

Topic author
Baytown

Post by Baytown »

It was the nut behind the butt that messed that one up!

It was actually shooting so fast, the Baer the is, that it looked like I left cover too soon, but I really had put two in him. :wink:

Wouldn't you drop your gun and give up if a 300 lbs, 6/3" police officer came running and shooting at you with a Baer in his hand? Exactly. :lol:

Good to see everyone at the match yesterday. See yall next month.

Glenn

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”