Possible Leather Work Needed

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ES4Me
Posts in topic: 1

Possible Leather Work Needed

Post by ES4Me »

Was in Seattle this past week and found an AWESOME bag maker. Going back to Seattle in the next few weeks and think I will buy one of this guy's backpack purses. Incredibly well made by hand out of excellent leather and hardware for incredible prices. Beautiful handiwork - even lines the bags in leather! These bags could easily sell for $400 - $600 if they had a chic label.

I am contacting the guy who makes the bags first to see if he can do the modification, but as this is "hippy-dippy land", I am guessing he is anti-gun and would be abhorred at my intentions. :roll: If such is the case, I would like to find someone who could modify one of the pockets with a holster.

Suggestions?

Also, before anyone starts lecturing - I have routinely carried on my person. In reading the Las Vegas thread, I am now concerned about some over reactive employee calling the LEO's about some scary lady with a gun and am exploring my concealment options. Have looked at other bag manufacturers and either gasp at the price for a purse without my favorite labels attached or am not satisfied with the quality.
CHL Class - 08/22/09
App Mailed to DPS - 09/16/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09
Processing App - 11/11/09
Plastic in Hand - 12/26/09

fm2

Re: Possible Leather Work Needed

Post by fm2 »

Sounds like a great find. Post up some pics when you can.
“It is the belief that violence is an aberration that is dangerous because it lulls us into forgetting how easily violence may erupt in quiescent places.” S. Pinker

K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Depending on the location in the bag of the modification (size and shape) you want, a shoe repair shop should have the ability to do it for you. Also an upholstery repair shop or someone who does vehicle upholstery, provided they have a long arm machine, should be able to help you.

Quahog

Post by Quahog »

Maybe he could line one of the pockets in Velcro for you then you could use after-market stuff like that found in Maxpedition's bags. Thinking of something like this:
3501b4_1707_detail.jpg
...this is a universal CCW holster that can be seen at http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/UNI ... ER-p48.htm
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

The Coronado Leather bags, and even some of the Galco bags, just have velcro sewn into the locking gun pocket for you to attach the holster too. I like that better than the sewn in holster because I can easily change guns when I want to, not having to worry that this one has a holster for my S&W 642 and that one has the holster for my Glock 26.

Then you wouldn't have to explain why you want the velcro straps. BTW, I just got back from a trip to that part of the world, and you are right, they have more hippies per square mile than we have cowboy boots!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

ES4Me wrote:I am contacting the guy who makes the bags first to see if he can do the modification, but as this is "hippy-dippy land", I am guessing he is anti-gun and would be abhorred at my intentions. :roll: If such is the case, I would like to find someone who could modify one of the pockets with a holster.

Suggestions?
Don't assume that the guy is anti-gun just because he lives in Seattle. Washington State has a long history of concealed carry and has, per capita, more CHLs than Texas. Don't assume he wouldn't like to make the modifications for you. You could ask for the modifications without telling him their purpose. Business is business.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”