DEEPER than IWB

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
1s1k52
Posts in topic: 5

DEEPER than IWB

Post by 1s1k52 »

need something, none ankle, that is not IWB. Why? basically I want a way to conceal with comfort regardless of body movement or placement. IE stooping, bending, jumping, running.

I have seen those concealed carry "shirts" I think its a good theory but not really seen anything good to shift me that direction. Not to mention that would tie me to that shirt despite other clothing. This could be my "gym" or deep BUG. Maybe a hybrid shoulder holster system of some sort to were underneath a shirt?

Thoughts?
(insert clever signature here)

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DEEPER than IWB

Post by WildBill »

What handgun are you currently carrying Keith?
NRA Endowment Member

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

The Versa Carry clip is about as universal deep carry as I know without tying you to a specific method. You better be REAL sure about your trigger discipline though.

ske1eter

Post by ske1eter »

Thunderwear is an option. http://www.thunderwearholsters.com/Default.asp

There's another company that is similar down in FL but the name escapes me at the moment. They're on Gresham's Gun Talk radio from time to time.

EDIT: found it. The company is Smart Carry. http://www.smartcarry.com/links.html

I use an older Thunderwear holster on occasion (w/ my G27, LCR, or SW642) when I want to make a quick run to Walmart in sweat pant or other looser garment w/o a belt.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I've never tried this one on (and I don't think it would work for me since I'm a big guy) but you might want to look into the Pager Pal.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

A-R

Post by A-R »

Kangaroo Carry?
http://www.kangaroocarry.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or possibly this concealed drop leg holster?
http://www.handgunholsters.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or any of many fanny pack type designs

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Depending on the gun, a holster shirt from 5.11 might work well.

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.complex.com/style/2012/04/th ... hide-a-gun
Bulky wallets and phones sticking out of our pockets can get annoying, but guys that carry heat have a different kind of problem. Gun owners who live in states that issue permits to carry concealed weapons worry about carrying their heaters in public. The Woolrich Elite Concealed Carry Chino offers the discretion they're looking for.

The pants are part of Woolrich’s Elite Series Tactical. Offered in colors black and khaki, the pants look like a normal pair of chinos, but they offer an extra feature for your gun. The pants are constructed with a hidden chamber which is accessible through an invisible zipper. Also featured are two knife openings, just in case you carry those too, you psycho. Hey it's 2012, we’re all for the 2nd amendment and constitutional rights, but it’s hard to carry a gun around without scaring the living hell out of everyone. If you're into it though, visit the Woolrich website to purchase for $65.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

5 8' 195 pounds shorter stocky frame. carrying a Glock 27. The 5.11 shirts seem like a good theory but it would tie me to that shirt. I dont want to use any kind of pants or shirts so I have the option to carry with whatever I am wearing. I will check out these holster ideas. Thanks.

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

1s1k52 wrote:need something, none ankle, that is not IWB. Why? basically I want a way to conceal with comfort regardless of body movement or placement. IE stooping, bending, jumping, running.

I have seen those concealed carry "shirts" I think its a good theory but not really seen anything good to shift me that direction. Not to mention that would tie me to that shirt despite other clothing. This could be my "gym" or deep BUG. Maybe a hybrid shoulder holster system of some sort to were underneath a shirt?

Thoughts?
I was impressed by the ccw breakaway pants but I don't have enough slack in my budget.

Reserve161

Post by Reserve161 »

I have a couple of the 5.11 undershirts and they work, somewhat, for me.
I carried either a SW p99 or a full-sized 1911, but had problems with the gun
leaning to the opening and the velcro not able to keep it in.
Now, I was up and down installing lighting and taping extension cords to the
floor and stuff - not just sitting at a desk or walking around.

Perhaps with a smaller/lighter gun I wouldn't have that problem.

Haven't tried it with my new 3.5" (what is that, commander-sized? officer-sized?) 1911
because I got a Galco owb holster with it that works like a charm for me so far...
PRIDE HONOR INTEGRITY

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Pocket holster.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

thus far I believe the kangaroo carry is exactly what I had in mind. Its hard to say because I have never had luck with the "one size fits all" holsters. Pocket carry is not an option either. If it sounds like im being picky is because. #1 yes I am #2 I have tried some of these already.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

TAM,

"Heater"???? ROTFLOL! I think the last time I heard that term was an old Star Trek where Kirk and Spook traveled to the 1950's.

And yes I am showing my age as I probably saw the original broadcast of that show...

"rlol"
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Maxwell wrote:TAM,

"Heater"???? ROTFLOL! I think the last time I heard that term was an old Star Trek where Kirk and Spook traveled to the 1950's.

And yes I am showing my age as I probably saw the original broadcast of that show...

"rlol"
Think TAM has been reading his old archive of Mickey Spillane novels again. :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”