Anybody else order a Crossbreed holster lately?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Fawbis
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Anybody else order a Crossbreed holster lately?

Post by Fawbis »

japacejr wrote:I ordered mine on Jan 21st.

I emailed them last week (about the 5 1/2 week mark) and got a quick response back. He said they were shipping orders from 1/12 and were running about 6 1/2 weeks on shipping with another 3 or 4 days to arrive once it is shipped.

I figure I will get mine in another week or two.

Wow. Well this is depressing.
43 days mailbox to mailbox.
1-15-13 to 2-27-13
Glock 19

RJGold
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RJGold »

Fawbis wrote:
Mx217 wrote:
Fawbis wrote:
S_3 wrote:They tell me you're supposed to order a holster at the same time you send your CHL application.
Yeah I meant to. I just procrastinated and was torn between supertuck and the comp tac minotaur. When I finally decided on which one I was gonna get, my background was already under review.

What made you decide against CompTac? I absolutley love my MTAC, it's more adjustable than the supertuck(retention, cant and ride height). Not to mention you would have probably received it way before February ended as their production time is only 5 days and they are located around the Houston area, which means fast shipping for us Texans!
Price mainly. As a college student that 30 extra dollars is a big deal. Especially after all the dough that was dropped on the app and class. I did my research and figured they're both excellent holsters and if I could save 30 dollars I would. But I'm making due with what I have. I'm really just glad I have my license really. It's a relief.
I hear you on the price thing. You have to balance what's out there with what you can spring for. Comp Tac does make one called the Minotaur Spartan that's about the same price as a Cross Breed Super Tuck. I figure they're both good holsters. Hopefully you'll end up with your Cross Breed soon.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Mx217
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mx217 »

Fawbis wrote:
Mx217 wrote:
Fawbis wrote:
S_3 wrote:They tell me you're supposed to order a holster at the same time you send your CHL application.
Yeah I meant to. I just procrastinated and was torn between supertuck and the comp tac minotaur. When I finally decided on which one I was gonna get, my background was already under review.

What made you decide against CompTac? I absolutley love my MTAC, it's more adjustable than the supertuck(retention, cant and ride height). Not to mention you would have probably received it way before February ended as their production time is only 5 days and they are located around the Houston area, which means fast shipping for us Texans!
Price mainly. As a college student that 30 extra dollars is a big deal. Especially after all the dough that was dropped on the app and class. I did my research and figured they're both excellent holsters and if I could save 30 dollars I would. But I'm making due with what I have. I'm really just glad I have my license really. It's a relief.

I hear you on that one. I was under the assumption that they were around the same price. You're right I've heard that crossbreed's are some of the most comfortable IWB holsters you can get! I feel bad for everybody that says "you have to try out so many holsters before you find the right one", well if you choose crossbreed or comptac for your first one you won't have to worry about that!

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

I know this is a Crossbreed thread (and I don't want to hijack it) but I ordered a Kydex belt and an IWB mag pouch from Comp Tac on Friday. Got a note from them this morning telling my order was going into production within 24 hours and their current production times are "about 5 business days".

Just wanted to give some current manufacturing schedule data.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Topic author
Fawbis

Post by Fawbis »

Mx217 wrote:
Fawbis wrote:
Mx217 wrote:
Fawbis wrote:

I hear you on that one. I was under the assumption that they were around the same price. You're right I've heard that crossbreed's are some of the most comfortable IWB holsters you can get! I feel bad for everybody that says "you have to try out so many holsters before you find the right one", well if you choose crossbreed or comptac for your first one you won't have to worry about that!
And that's exactly why I went Crossbreed. It was just a name that kept coming up. Everyone loves theirs. So why not start with the best? It just seems like a waste of money to buy all these different holsters.

Also, I emailed them today. They said they're still shipping orders from mid January. Looks like I'll be waiting a good while. Procrastination will be the death of me.
1-15-13 to 2-27-13
Glock 19

FishInTx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by FishInTx »

SATX-Scrub wrote:Or try crossbreedseconds.com, if its in stock, it'll be at your doorstep about two days after receipt of funds. Or, if you are a leftie and need it for a 1911, PM me for such a deal!

My first holster was a iwb crossbreedseconds order. Took about a week for the funds to get there and about a week to get the holster. It looked brand new and functions as it should.

Reserve161

Post by Reserve161 »

I saw a post from Crossbreed on Facebook today in response to someone
posting about "can't wait for their holster to get to them"

So at least there is some activity in response from them.
PRIDE HONOR INTEGRITY

MotherBear

Post by MotherBear »

Fawbis wrote:And that's exactly why I went Crossbreed. It was just a name that kept coming up. Everyone loves theirs. So why not start with the best? It just seems like a waste of money to buy all these different holsters.
Same here. I haven't seen anyone say they dislike their Crossbreed holster. Maybe that something else is just as good, but nothing negative. I'm hoping starting there will spare me the proverbial box o' holsters everyone says they have.

Whatthaduece

Post by Whatthaduece »

I make kydex and leather holsters. Pm me and we can talk. I do this as a hobby put have a fb site...tactical revelation
CHL 2012

SF18C

Post by SF18C »

There is always White Hat Holsters, just saying.

http://www.whitehatholsters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees!

Topic author
Fawbis

Post by Fawbis »

Well I'm not gonna buy another holster just cause the one I've already purchased is taking forever. Haha. That would make the whole choosing crossbreed over minotaur to save money redundant.
1-15-13 to 2-27-13
Glock 19

Topic author
Fawbis

Post by Fawbis »

Just checked out those White Hat holsters... they look great.
1-15-13 to 2-27-13
Glock 19

richbrismith

Post by richbrismith »

Mine took 6wks to get. They make them as they are ordered so it takes a while, but definately one of the best if not the best holster I have ever had.

Ark03
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ark03 »

I ordered my one September 8 and it shipped September 28. Sounds like that turn-around time has just about doubled!

Lee Vernon

Post by Lee Vernon »

Mine took about 6 weeks, but it was well worth the wait. You will not be disappointed. Mark the late owner was a stand up guy and I stand by their product. Also check out the INCOG holster by G-Code. Another company that makes great gear.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”