Galco Jackass for M9A1

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
kg5ie
Posts in topic: 1

Galco Jackass for M9A1

Post by kg5ie »

I did a search but only found one discussion thread on the Jackass shoulder rig. It was 2 years old so I though I would go for some more current reviews. Anyone out there using one? I am wanting to one for a Beretta 92FS.

Is it comfortable?

If you don't carry 2 loaded mags, is it off balance?

Would you buy another one? (Always the ultimate test.)
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Galco Jackass for M9A1

Post by CoffeeNut »

kg5ie wrote:I did a search but only found one discussion thread on the Jackass shoulder rig. It was 2 years old so I though I would go for some more current reviews. Anyone out there using one? I am wanting to one for a Beretta 92FS.

Is it comfortable?

If you don't carry 2 loaded mags, is it off balance?

Would you buy another one? (Always the ultimate test.)
I love mine (I think I started that 2 year old thread) and it is for the M9A1 although I use it for the PT92. I do find it comfortable but it's only comfortable once you get it adjusted properly - the manual helps. I used mine from Texas to Florida and back without much discomfort at all. It can be tiring on the shoulders if worn all hours of the day but it is fantastic for road trips.

I found that you can comfortably carry with one spare magazine as long as both were loaded the same amount. So don't have a 20 rounder in the gun and a 15 in the spare pouch.

I bought the belt attachments but I don't use them that much. Once it was adjusted I found it was more comfortable without them however they'll eliminate any flapping around. The mag pouch keeper would eliminate any balance issues that you might experience if you decide to run with only one spare magazine.

It conceals pretty well considering how big the gun is.

My only gripe is how the straps tend to bunch up the necks of t-shirts. It isn't noticeable with a polo or a dress shirt but get good undershirts if you want to avoid that.

I would definitely buy another but the rig is so good it'll last a lifetime.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”