Feeling "LEFT" out

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Hot Dawg
Posts in topic: 4

Feeling "LEFT" out

Post by Hot Dawg »

I have been searching local areas for a left handed IWB holster in my area,Academy,Bass Pro, Arms Room & even the gun show in Pasadena this weekend & hard to find a left handed holster. I know I can order one online but would like to look at them up close. Does anyone know of a store in Houston area that carries a good selection of left handed holsters?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Feeling "LEFT" out

Post by mojo84 »

Welcome to the club. I doubt you will find anyone with a good selection of good quality left-handed holsters in stock on showroom floors. What I do is look around until I find a righty I like then go order a lefty version online.

Maybe we should sue retailers and force them to serve us equally. :biggrinjester:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Hot Dawg

Post by Hot Dawg »

I did tell them at a few stores that I should sue them for discrimination.

RJGold
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RJGold »

Comp-Tac holsters is an online retailer and they say they don't have a showroom for on site sales. They are located in Spring.

You may try calling them and see if they'll let you come in to try them.

I've ordered several of their products on line (MTAC Holster, Infadel Holster, Kydex reinforced belt, extra clips) sight unseen and been very satisfied with all of them.

My two cents...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

harv418

Post by harv418 »

Aliengear also has Left handed options.
Robert Harvey
Friendswood, TX

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Thus the reason most of us have holster drawers. We order something and it is not quite what we want.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Hot Dawg wrote:I have been searching local areas for a left handed IWB holster in my area,Academy,Bass Pro, Arms Room & even the gun show in Pasadena this weekend & hard to find a left handed holster. I know I can order one online but would like to look at them up close. Does anyone know of a store in Houston area that carries a good selection of left handed holsters?
Try the large police supply stores. They sell to lots of left handed officers.

Mojo84's suggestion of finding a right handed one you like and ordering the lefty version on line is a really good idea too.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

mojo84 wrote:Welcome to the club. I doubt you will find anyone with a good selection of good quality left-handed holsters in stock on showroom floors. What I do is look around until I find a righty I like then go order a lefty version online.

:biggrinjester:
Brilliant! I was going to say order from a reputable, trusted, well known holster maker and you should be good. I like your way even better.

Topic author
Hot Dawg

Post by Hot Dawg »

Went to 2 more shops Saturday with no luck, even in right hand the shelves were low, went to another today & mostly OWB, the few IWB they had did not fit my gun, looked around some more & found one from Sticky Holsters, picked it up & so far so good, had a few errands to run & broke it in, finally got to do my Wally Walk.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

What gun?

I really like my Remora which is similar to a Sticky. One caveat, be sure to remove and wipe down your gun after wearing it when it's hot and you get sweaty. Also, let the inside of the holster dry out. I assumed my Remora was sweatproof due to the type of material and left it in the holster over night after getting a sweaty. I noticed some rust starting in a couple of places. Otherwise, it works well until you need to tuck your shirt.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Hot Dawg

Post by Hot Dawg »

Have a M&P9c, I like my wife's shield but every once in a while I will drop the mag on it when shooting it, I already own the full size M&P so now I can use the full size mags in the compact when I go to the range.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Try finding a left-handed IWB for a P7M8! They are as common as left-handed catchers mitts.

I ended up ordering holsters from Comp-tac, exceedingly satisfactory both price and service, one for the aforesaid P7M8 and one for a P226. I intend to do the same if I end up replacing those with VP9s, as I am thinking about doing.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'm a lefty. Over the years, I have ordered holsters online for a number of guns, with a fair amount of satisfaction from the following makers:
  • Comp-Tac (2)
  • Galco (4)
  • Desantis (3),
  • Safariland/Bianchi (2),
  • Mitch Rosen (3),
  • F.I.S.T. (1)
  • Bladetech (1),

and have ordered by phone from
  • Galco (2)
  • D.M. Bullard (1)
  • Very nice custom-made holsters from Hopp Custom Leather (2)
That's all I can remember at the moment. Anyway, each time, I've gotten pretty much what I expected and wanted. Where possible, I have tried to look at the right-handed version in person first, but it has rarely been the case that this was possible, and it was never the case that I had a chance to trying wearing that right-handed holster with my gun in it to see if it would work for me. Some of those holsters from different makers were for the same guns as other holsters, but the replacements were for mostly for reasons having to do with a chronic back problem that got worse, making the replaced holster less and less comfortable to wear over time. Not hardly the holster's fault.

But I do sympathize with your plight.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Raptorii

Post by Raptorii »

Dawg,
I feel your pain as I am a southpaw. Found that DeSantis OWB and Bianchi OWB were decent (ordered online and was able to order lined or unlined). Best IWB I found was from Rocky at Pure Kustom (black ops pro), can adjust it for depth and cant

Good luck

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Even though it caused me problems with my coordination when I was younger, at times like this I am glad that my mother taught me to work right-handed.

Although I am about equal shooting with either hand I carry righthanded as I am right-eye dominant and because I do so I don't have the same problem you have with holsters.

:evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”