Hybrid for AIWB?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
greenbeer
Posts in topic: 2

Hybrid for AIWB?

Post by greenbeer »

Was wondering if anyone runs a hybrid style holster such as the Whitehat single clip as an AIWB? Any pros or cons as opposed to a kydex? I'm a pretty small guy only about 28" waist so if the leather is too wide I'm a little worried it'll be too uncomfortable.
In Sig I trust.

Cjwglock19
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hybrid for AIWB?

Post by Cjwglock19 »

I carry a glock 19 in a Blackhawk ARC. Not sure if it fits what you are asking about but is the most comfortable carry I've found yet.
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

- Clint Smith

MONGOOSE
Banned

Post by MONGOOSE »

Because of safety issues, Gunsite does not allow the Blackhawk Serpa. I'm not sure about the ARC.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

At risk of sounding ignorant, I'm guessing the 'A' in AIWB is for Appendix.... If so, I use a Crossbreed Appendix holster & love it. All of my IWB holsters are hybrids. The only ones that I don't care for are the AlienGear, but it was an earlier version before they added a liner on the back to minimize rubbing blisters.

As far as rubbing, thats a valid concern. My Appendix holster rubbed a bit at first, but it shortly formed itself to conform to my body.

Also, consider the size of your handgun as well if moving to Appendix carry. My Glock 23 butt will slightly push out on my shirt, but not enough to worry about violating the principal of concealment, & the muzzle will occasionally dig into my leg when seated. You'll be able to figure out the right placement to minimize both of these, so I'm not trying to discourage you from adopting this method.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Mike S wrote:
Also, consider the size of your handgun as well if moving to Appendix carry. My Glock 23 butt will slightly push out on my shirt, but not enough to worry about violating the principal of concealment, & the muzzle will occasionally dig into my leg when seated. You'll be able to figure out the right placement to minimize both of these, so I'm not trying to discourage you from adopting this method.
In that case, maybe your violating the principal of concealment might be confused with the principal of excitement. "rlol"
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
greenbeer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by greenbeer »

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to go ahead and try the Whitehat. If I don't like it well there's the first one for the proverbial "box of holsters". Plus they're local and I'd much rather support a small business around me than order from who knows where or who.
In Sig I trust.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”