5.11 Nylon Tactical Belt - Requesting Opinions

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
rytchard
Posts in topic: 1

5.11 Nylon Tactical Belt - Requesting Opinions

Post by rytchard »

I recently ordered the above pictured belt from Amazon. I am looking for something that will be lightweight but able to keep a handgun in a holster in place. Anyone have any experience or input as I have never purchased any of the 5.11 gear before. They have several items that interest me, most are a little pricey but my interest is there nonetheless. Any input would be appreciated. :tiphat:

nyj
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 5.11 Nylon Tactical Belt - Requesting Opinions

Post by nyj »

I got one a few years ago and it has been sitting in a box in the closet since then. It's a piece of crap that can barely hold pants up. Get a real gun belt.

If you're looking for a bargain, try Bison last chance belts. They make a light version. Knock off of the wilderness tactical, US made. I've worn mine daily for over 5 years.

txhighlander
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txhighlander »

I have 2 of them been wearing them over 3 years. They have worked great for me. I would buy again. I have used pancake , paddle, iwb, and a few others and it has worked as well as any leather belt I have owned including a custom belt. But as it is we all can have different results with different things. My experience has been good.
Truth against the world

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

Now that I looked at what you bought, the belts I have look much heavier than the one pictured. I got mine at a police supply store. It is a tactical series style 59409.
Truth against the world

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

IWB? Maybe. Doesn't work for me but maybe you.

OWB? No way. Too bendy.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

nyj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nyj »

txhighlander wrote:Now that I looked at what you bought, the belts I have look much heavier than the one pictured. I got mine at a police supply store. It is a tactical series style 59409.
That one is substantially different than the cheap nylon one.

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

nyj wrote:
txhighlander wrote:Now that I looked at what you bought, the belts I have look much heavier than the one pictured. I got mine at a police supply store. It is a tactical series style 59409.
That one is substantially different than the cheap nylon one.
Should have looked at the picture he posted first. I looked at the wilderness tactical belts at the same time, I ended up with the 511's due to they didn't have any in my size in the wilderness that day. They both where built very well. Been a long day.
Truth against the world

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am a large guy. The only nylon type belt that has worked for me is wilderness instructor belt with polymer stitch inside and it works great. The rest of my belts are made by Beltman.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I have a black nylon "tactical" belt. I have no idea where I got it, maybe a CA gun show or something. It was cheap, but not cheap enough. It is perfectly worthless. I've never been able to come up with a use for this "belt" but is black and tactical looking. I have no idea what I was thinking when I bought it years ago.

It is tempting to "save money" when buying gear, but remember, most often, the cheapest oats have already been run through the horse.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

Have and use a Wilderness 5-stich, but the buckle is on the heavy and bulky side. Belt makes a good swinging club when you run out of bullets. :coolgleamA:

My latest belt is in the link below. Very stiff and has flat no buckle attachment with the ghook and strap. Good adjustment range as the ghook can go in different loops (course adj.) and the strap thru the ghook to a velcro pad is the fine adjustment. It took me a couple of days to get the hang of using it. Quality built and I think that is evident to some degree in the pictures, but not so clear on installation/setup and using. I really bought on faith wanting something different which it is. I fumbled the ball on the size I ordered, but that was a senior moment I owned which I was able to return for exchange postage on my dime. They are very clear about how to measure and exchange as long as not special order.

Something to look at if you are willing to try something different.

Mike

http://store.volundgearworks.com/index. ... -belt.html
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

5.11 is great co and their products are well designed for tacticool minded person.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

I have been using this one for 6 months now with my 5.11 TDU pants and have no complaints.

http://www.511tactical.com/tdu-belt-175 ... uckle.html
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

blackdog8200

Post by blackdog8200 »

The trainer or operator 511 belts are sturdy.

:txflag:
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I picked up a 5.11 belt a few months back and I love it. No more hiking up my shorts.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”