Gun belts

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
45703030shooter
Posts in topic: 4

Gun belts

Post by 45703030shooter »

Looking for a leather gun belt with a removable buckle. I've looked at bellman. Any others, preferably with fast lead time

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gun belts

Post by carlson1 »

The Beltman is the best so there is no need to look at the rest. :tiphat:

Just my opinion.

Topic author
45703030shooter

Post by 45703030shooter »

They just seem high or is that the going rate for a decent belt?

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

45703030shooter wrote:Looking for a leather gun belt with a removable buckle. I've looked at bellman. Any others, preferably with fast lead time
Yeah, The Beltman is about the best around for gun-belt leather.

You get what you pay for...
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

dcphoto

Post by dcphoto »

45703030shooter wrote:They just seem high or is that the going rate for a decent belt?
He's at the high end, but completely worth it. I used to use a less expensive belt from another maker. It was good for a while, but over time it started wearing out and eventually couldn't support my EDC gun. I got a Beltman belt about a year ago, and it's just as stiff and supportive as the day I got it. I think it'll stay supportive for a good many years. I don't know how long it will last, but I'll definitely buy another when I need to replace this one.

TVegas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TVegas »

45703030shooter wrote:Looking for a leather gun belt with a removable buckle. I've looked at bellman. Any others, preferably with fast lead time
I've been wearing a belt from desantis for over a year now. It is plenty stiff, surprisingly affordable, and ships fast.
:txflag: Thanks and Gig 'em! :thumbs2:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

It took me about 3 wks to get mine from Beltman. The price was about the going rate for a good belt. I'm very satisfied.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/

Is where I got mine. I got horsehide with the kydex stiffener. I don't know about beltman since I'm fat and they didn't offer horsehide in greater than 42". Provided you have a flat head screwdriver the buckle is removable on mine as well. If you go for a quality belt, you are going to pay around $100 for it. Maybe a little less maybe a bit more, depending on tax, shipping, extras, etc.
NRA Benefactor Member

jed

Post by jed »

Tucker & Byrd Holsters www.tuckerandbyrd.com

longhorn86

Post by longhorn86 »

Jago668 wrote:http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/

Is where I got mine. I got horsehide with the kydex stiffener. I don't know about beltman since I'm fat and they didn't offer horsehide in greater than 42". Provided you have a flat head screwdriver the buckle is removable on mine as well. If you go for a quality belt, you are going to pay around $100 for it. Maybe a little less maybe a bit more, depending on tax, shipping, extras, etc.
+1 on A&G, got one recently, very happy with it so far.
NRA Life Member

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Aliengear holsters now have some heavy duty belts. They look good on the website and they offer larger sizes, for those that have said that they needed.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Jago668 wrote:http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/

I have the same horsehide belt with stiffener and wear it everyday even at work where I cannot carry. I've been happy with it and would buy another one from AG Custom Leather.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

tlt

Post by tlt »

This has held up well EDC for a couple of years. My only complaint is the reinforcing strip should run to the tip. How is it on yours? I contacted them and they were not interested in suggestions or willing to customize. The strip on this ends where the holes begins.

I would purchase another, just a bit disappointed at their close minded approach. It's not like they're stamping them out by the millions.

http://akerleather.com/off-duty-belts/o ... -belt.html

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

+1 for A&G Custom Gun Leather. http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Skiprr wrote:
Yeah, The Beltman is about the best around for gun-belt leather.

You get what you pay for...
:iagree: Order from the Beltman and get an Uncle Mike's Reinforced Instructor's Belt [$29 on Amazon Prime] to wear in the meantime.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”