Kore Belt

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Kore Belt

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Grundy1133 wrote:I have a bigfoot gun belt with a steel core insert. I love it. I actually need to punch more holes in it... Im starting to lose weight and need more holes. i wonder how im gonna punch thru that steel insert tho... lol
I would consider taking the belt some place like a Houston Shoe Hospital where they work on leather produces rather than trying to drill holes in it myself. Thats what i like about the Kore belts...no holes to worry about. Good luck to you Grundy.

Wag2323
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wag2323 »

Grundy1133 wrote:I have a bigfoot gun belt with a steel core insert. I love it. I actually need to punch more holes in it... Im starting to lose weight and need more holes. i wonder how im gonna punch thru that steel insert tho... lol

The best way to resize a belt if you think you will not be gaining the weight back is to shorten it from the buckle end. I don't know how that will work with the insert.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I have used the two (black and brown) Kore belts for over 2 1/2 years. I made sure I ordered the reinforced gun belt. The buckle on the brown had the spring disconnect or break. I called (hoping to get a discount) and the nice young lady, said "That should not happen". Two days later I received my new buckle! Customer service is A+.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

cs1021

Post by cs1021 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:14 pm
WildBill wrote:
Tex1961 wrote:I just ordered a Kore belt and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. My chose was based mostly on the positive posts on the forum. So, are all of you Kore belt owners still happy with your purchase and have they held up well for you?

I got tired of switching between the to tight and to loose holes in my old belt.
I was happy with my Kore belt for a couple years, but recently it has started to deteriorate.
The leather has seperated from the base material and is shredding. Recently the buckle clamp
will not keep a firm grip on the belt and it has slipped out a few times. I have stopped wearing
the belt and do not know if I will order a replacement.
My experience parallels WildBill’s. They are an affordable alternative, and getting the proper fit is easy, but they’re not as indestructible as a heavy gunbelt.

I keep coming back to my Wilderness Tactical Instructor’s Belt.

Out of curiosity, were you using their actual "gun" belt or their regular 'fashion' belt?

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cs1021 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:56 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:14 pm
WildBill wrote:
Tex1961 wrote:I just ordered a Kore belt and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. My chose was based mostly on the positive posts on the forum. So, are all of you Kore belt owners still happy with your purchase and have they held up well for you?

I got tired of switching between the to tight and to loose holes in my old belt.
I was happy with my Kore belt for a couple years, but recently it has started to deteriorate.
The leather has seperated from the base material and is shredding. Recently the buckle clamp
will not keep a firm grip on the belt and it has slipped out a few times. I have stopped wearing
the belt and do not know if I will order a replacement.
My experience parallels WildBill’s. They are an affordable alternative, and getting the proper fit is easy, but they’re not as indestructible as a heavy gunbelt.

I keep coming back to my Wilderness Tactical Instructor’s Belt.

Out of curiosity, were you using their actual "gun" belt or their regular 'fashion' belt?
I’ve had my leather Kore belts for 2-3 years now, maybe more. I bought two (black & brown) of the heavier reinforced belts that they advertise can be used as a gun belt. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to wear them lately because I had lost a lot of weight at the time, and had trimmed them to length, and I am heavier now. Then fairly recently, I purchased one of their “tactical” gun belts. It is somewhat thicker and stiffer than their dressy gunbelt.....and consequently less comfortable.....but it does work well. They advertise it as “2x stiffer” than their regular gun belt. BUT, given a comparison between it and my Wilderness Tactical Instructor’s Belt, it’s my impression that the latter is the better belt. The Kore tactical belt is simply one of their regular gun belts, with an added layer or two of tan nylon webbing glued and sewn at the edges to the rest of the belt. It uses the same “track” system on the back of it to retain itself, and the same kind of buckles as the other belts. I’ve owned my Wilderness Tactical belt for 10 years or more, and it has held up very well. The jury is still out on whether or not the Kore Essentials tactical belt will last that long.

My biggest problem with belts is weight fluctuation - my own, not the belt’s. I’ve gained weight lately and “outgrown” my WT belt (and the previously mentioned leather Kore belts), and I bought the Kore tactical belt as an interim solution until I can get my weight back down to where the WT belt fits better.

I don’t know about y’all, but over the years, I found gun belts to be like holsters, and in the quest to find the perfect one, I’ve purchased more of them than I actually use regularly. But the ONE belt I’ve continued to use regularly as the others come and go is my Wilderness Tactical Instructor’s Belt: http://www.thewilderness.com/belts/#bottom.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grundy1133 »

Im still using my bigfoot gun belt. ive lost/gained weight but just to be sure I drilled a few extra holes in my belt to make sure it'll fit me if i ever gain a lot/lose a lot of weight. even tho it has a steel core, I just took a drill press and clamped the belt down nice and tight and SLOWLY drilled a few holes thru it. Ive never had a kore belt but i imagine all gun belts are similar. theyre rigid and sturdy and dont bend so that the can evenly support the weight of your gun. i could be wrong tho. its been known to happen. If i ever find myself in the market for another gun belt i might try a kore just so i can diversify.
NRA Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

I have a question for all you Kore belt owners.

Who has one of their tan gun belts? Not leather. Is the material more of a lighter tan or does it start to lean a little darker toward an FDE like color? I have a good FDE 1.5" gun belt for now and am thinking about filling another niche with a Kore belt if it isn't too dark.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

C-dub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:23 am I have a question for all you Kore belt owners.

Who has one of their tan gun belts? Not leather. Is the material more of a lighter tan or does it start to lean a little darker toward an FDE like color? I have a good FDE 1.5" gun belt for now and am thinking about filling another niche with a Kore belt if it isn't too dark.
It is a little darker, it is more of a coyote tan than khaki. It looks good with my FDE KT Mech holster and FDE CZ SP-01.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Mine is going on three years and absolutely no problems with it.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Good news / Bad news time.

The good news is I'm really liking my tan tactical Kore belt I got for Christmas. I was and still am amazed at the stiffness and support it provides. I only asked for one belt, but my wife liked the looks of the leather and also got one of those with a buckle that goes better with a nylon type tactical belt. So I put the buckle I asked for on the leather for now and plan on getting another 1.5" black tactical one for the buckle, but ordering it with a buckle that would be more appropriate for the leather. The issue is that I don't really wear any slacks the black leather belt goes with anymore and it is rated for half the weight of the "tactical" nylon belt. It is still a nice looking belt and maybe if I get something smaller than the two full size handguns I typically carry it will be just fine.

The bad news is that now I am unhappy with the two 5.11 belts I have. The stiffness is not as high as the tactical Kore belt with a rating of 8lbs. They feel about like the Kore leather belt. Their flexibility is very high compared to the Kore belts even the leather one. I went on a 4-day trip last weekend and took the tan Kore belt and the black 5.11 for different pants. The entire time I was wishing I had already purchased the black Kore tactical belt for two reasons. The stiffness is better on the Kore, but the convenience of the buckle system is far superior. For one size on 5.11 I have barely enough belt to go through the buckle and back to the velcro, but on the next size up there is so much that I have to tuck it back under the gun holster and that just doesn't work. So, I reverse the direction and put the overlap back to my left towards the spare mag carrier, which resides a little further back on my hip than I wear the handgun on the right. This also makes it more difficult to remove the handgun with holster in my truck if I must disarm and leave it. The Kore belt makes this very easy when required.

Now, I am planning on getting a third Kore belt, the black nylon tactical, but also considering trying out the 1.75" Garrison. Does anyone have this? How many of you wear a 1.75" belt for your EDC? I'm not sure about it yet since I have one and haven't worn it much in the past. However, I'm wondering if it wasn't due to the same reasons I've now discovered why I don't really like the 5.11 belts much anyway.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I have some off brand 1-3/4" nylon belts, but not a Kore brand. It will depend a lot on your pants belt loops. For jeans and most tactical pants the belt loops are big enough to handle the wider belt. I do't have any experience with the garrison belt. My 1-1/2" Kore belt is more than sufficient for carrying my CZ SP-01 and two mags.

I would imagine that if it is anything like the other Kore products you will be happy.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Jusme wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:38 am I have some off brand 1-3/4" nylon belts, but not a Kore brand. It will depend a lot on your pants belt loops. For jeans and most tactical pants the belt loops are big enough to handle the wider belt. I do't have any experience with the garrison belt. My 1-1/2" Kore belt is more than sufficient for carrying my CZ SP-01 and two mags.

I would imagine that if it is anything like the other Kore products you will be happy.
Thanks for the input.

So far I am very pleased. I'm not considering the 1.75" belt just for extra support. The main reason I'm thinking about it is because I've noticed a little bit of vertical slop in the holster and mag carrier. Especially the mag carrier, which will accommodate a 1.75 belt and mostly eliminate the slop. The issue is that for both holsters, Safariland, I would have to remove a little piece to accommodate the wider belt and I think the tiny bit of slop would still be there. It would eliminate the slop on the mag carrier without much change for the handgun holster except for increased support.

Belt loops are not an issue on any of the pants/jean I have.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

C-dub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:54 am
Jusme wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:38 am I have some off brand 1-3/4" nylon belts, but not a Kore brand. It will depend a lot on your pants belt loops. For jeans and most tactical pants the belt loops are big enough to handle the wider belt. I do't have any experience with the garrison belt. My 1-1/2" Kore belt is more than sufficient for carrying my CZ SP-01 and two mags.

Thanks for the input.

So far I am very pleased. I'm not considering the 1.75" belt just for extra support. The main reason I'm thinking about it is because I've noticed a little bit of vertical slop in the holster and mag carrier. Especially the mag carrier, which will accommodate a 1.75 belt and mostly eliminate the slop. The issue is that for both holsters, Safariland, I would have to remove a little piece to accommodate the wider belt and I think the tiny bit of slop would still be there. It would eliminate the slop on the mag carrier without much change for the handgun holster except for increased support.

Belt loops are not an issue on any of the pants/jean I have.
C-dub, two questions: 1) Which Safariland holsters are you using and 2) Is this the Safariland belt loop you are using:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

oljames3 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:07 am C-dub, two questions: 1) Which Safariland holsters are you using and 2) Is this the Safariland belt loop you are using:
That is the belt attachment. It’s the same on both. I have not yet removed that little thing to expand for the wider belt.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

C-dub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:58 am
oljames3 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:07 am C-dub, two questions: 1) Which Safariland holsters are you using and 2) Is this the Safariland belt loop you are using:
That is the belt attachment. It’s the same on both. I have not yet removed that little thing to expand for the wider belt.
I carry an S&W M&P9 M2.0 5" 17+1 in a Safariland 7TS ALS and two spare 16 round magazines on my belt. I started with the Kore leather gun belt. After 2.5 years, the inner stiffener broke in two places where it went through the Safariland belt loop. The shape of the belt loop puts extra strain in the belt.

I now us a Nexbelt gun belt and the Safariland 565BL belt loop. This loop allows the belt to slide straight through without kinking. https://safariland.com/products/model-5 ... e3e0&_ss=r.

Which holster are you using? With the ALS, the pistols lifts effortlessly out of the holster when drawing so there is no vertical movement of the holster.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”