Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Kore Belt

Post by C-dub »

oljames3 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:04 pm
C-dub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:58 am
oljames3 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:07 am C-dub, two questions: 1) Which Safariland holsters are you using and 2) Is this the Safariland belt loop you are using:
That is the belt attachment. It’s the same on both. I have not yet removed that little thing to expand for the wider belt.
I carry an S&W M&P9 M2.0 5" 17+1 in a Safariland 7TS ALS and two spare 16 round magazines on my belt. I started with the Kore leather gun belt. After 2.5 years, the inner stiffener broke in two places where it went through the Safariland belt loop. The shape of the belt loop puts extra strain in the belt.

I now us a Nexbelt gun belt and the Safariland 565BL belt loop. This loop allows the belt to slide straight through without kinking. https://safariland.com/products/model-5 ... e3e0&_ss=r.

Which holster are you using? With the ALS, the pistols lifts effortlessly out of the holster when drawing so there is no vertical movement of the holster.
That is true. I don’t remember the model numbers at the moment. 7377, 78, or 79 maybe. They both came with paddle and belt things, but since I like the more vertical draw I use the belt attachment instead of the paddle.

I asked Kore about that issue due to their reported stiffness and having the “kink” due to how my holsters and other pancake style holsters function. They unsurprisingly claimed they hadn’t had any issues reported.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

C-dub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:21 pm That is true. I don’t remember the model numbers at the moment. 7377, 78, or 79 maybe. They both came with paddle and belt things, but since I like the more vertical draw I use the belt attachment instead of the paddle.

I asked Kore about that issue due to their reported stiffness and having the “kink” due to how my holsters and other pancake style holsters function. They unsurprisingly claimed they hadn’t had any issues reported.
The model number of a Safariland holster is almost useless to the consumer. The 7000 series indicates the material of the holster, in this case it is SafariSeven (7TS). The same holster will have a different model number simply because it was sold with a different belt attachment. ALS is the important part when describing the holster.

https://inside.safariland.com/education ... t-numbers/

In any case, you should not be able to feel your ALS holster move when drawing your pistol.

I am also not a fan of the Safariland paddle. I got one because that was what was sold with the holster.

I recently had a bad customer service experience with Kore and will not be buying any more of their products.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

oljames3 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:31 pm
C-dub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:21 pm That is true. I don’t remember the model numbers at the moment. 7377, 78, or 79 maybe. They both came with paddle and belt things, but since I like the more vertical draw I use the belt attachment instead of the paddle.

The model number of a Safariland holster is almost useless to the consumer. The 7000 series indicates the material of the holster, in this case it is SafariSeven (7TS). The same holster will have a different model number simply because it was sold with a different belt attachment. ALS is the important part when describing the holster.

https://inside.safariland.com/education ... t-numbers/

In any case, you should not be able to feel your ALS holster move when drawing your pistol.

I am also not a fan of the Safariland paddle. I got one because that was what was sold with the holster.

I recently had a bad customer service experience with Kore and will not be buying any more of their products.
The issue isn’t with drawing since any upward movement would be negated by the thumbs pressure on the release, but you’re aware of that and the smoothness of the draw anyway. The “slop” is just in general and very small with the holster attachment. Maybe 1/8th of an inch at the most. The issue is more with the Blackhawk mag carrier. It is setup for a 1.75” belt with adjustment for 1.5” at all.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

C-dub, I haven't noticed any vertical movement of my ALS, but there is about 1/16" vertical movement of the pistol in the ALS.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”