Women’s Holster Recommendations

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Post Reply

Topic author
jeffbird
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:28 am

Women’s Holster Recommendations

#1

Post by jeffbird » Thu May 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Would like some recommendations for IWB and OWB holsters for women for concealed carry.

Would especially like to hear from the ladies.

I am trying to help my wife go to on the body rather than purse with her Glock 19.

Janie, especially would like your thoughts and recommendations.

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3109
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#2

Post by oljames3 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:32 pm

jeffbird wrote:Would like some recommendations for IWB and OWB holsters for women for concealed carry.

Would especially like to hear from the ladies.

I am trying to help my wife go to on the body rather than purse with her Glock 19.

Janie, especially would like your thoughts and recommendations.
Is your wife really interesed? Will she wear a belt? My wife carried off body for five years before she had a situation-induced epiphony and realized she needed to carry on her person. She will not wear a belt. She carries her Walther PPS M2 in a Remora reinforced-opening holster in her front pocket.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1


Topic author
jeffbird
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:28 am

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#3

Post by jeffbird » Thu May 17, 2018 9:45 pm

She is consistent in taking it with her in specially designed purses, but is open to trying on body carry. So looking for advice, especially from women who really carry.


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2627
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#4

Post by flechero » Thu May 17, 2018 9:51 pm

go to http://www.corneredcat.com/ and read Kathy's articles... and then show your wife the site- it's gold for the wives!

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3109
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#5

Post by oljames3 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:00 pm

flechero wrote:go to http://www.corneredcat.com/ and read Kathy's articles... and then show your wife the site- it's gold for the wives!
:iagree: on Cornered Cat.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

User avatar

LDB415
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#6

Post by LDB415 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:26 am

Whether male or female, there's Tucker gun leather and there's everything else.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

User avatar

troglodyte
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: Hockley County
Contact:

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#7

Post by troglodyte » Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 am

Not a woman but my wife is and she carries everyday. In the winter she wears an Undertech hoster shirt. Now that it is warmer she wears the Undertech compression shorts. She really likes them.

You do have to understand that my wife while well dressed, doesn't wear the latest trends. When she is wearing the Undertech gear she is wearing fairly loose tops that hides her P938 well.

She still carries in her purse at times but it is becoming more infrequent as she gets comfortable with other options.
Talon Firearms Training
License To Carry Instructor
School Safety Instructor
NRA Instructor - Basic pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home.


cmgee67
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#8

Post by cmgee67 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:38 am

I’m glad your wife will carry. I can’t get my wife to even go take the class. She tells me that’s what she has me for. I told her I’m not always around so I can’t always protect you. She said she doesn’t want to deal with the headache of changing her clothes and having to deal with a gun. She is a great shot. In fact she is very good and she’s only been shooing a few times. She has her Smith 642 that she practices with and keeps it in a certain place for home defense if I’m gone but that’s as far to carry as I can get her.

I know there’s the flashbang bra holster but a Glock 19 would be too heavy I’m guessing. Another popular one I’ve seen is the N82 tactical hers holster. Good luck!
I Am Freedoms Safest Place :txflag:

User avatar

RPBrown
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Irving, Texas

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#9

Post by RPBrown » Fri May 18, 2018 7:46 am

My wife went to the gun show with some of her girl friends (WITHOUT ME, not right :mrgreen: ) and picked up one of these:
https://athenasarmory.com/product/sticky-iwb-holster/
When I saw it my first thought she won't wear that long or it will just slide down the leg of her britches (pants for you younger folks). However, she wears it daily and has not had an issue yet. I was so glad it works for her because purse carry in Dallas was not an option and she didn't care for a belt.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member
Image

User avatar

SewTexas
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3369
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 pm
Location: San Antonio area

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#10

Post by SewTexas » Fri May 18, 2018 3:09 pm

I like the Kusiak Leather holster with my LCP. It has a clip on it, doesn't necc have to go on a belt, I wear it straight on my jeans waistband. The clip on it is at the right place to have the gun below the waistband. I'm short between my waist and my bust, too high and my gun would be poking me in tender parts, this holster is perfect.
On my curve, I just use the clip that came on it.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6490
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#11

Post by Pawpaw » Fri May 18, 2018 4:31 pm

RPBrown wrote:My wife went to the gun show with some of her girl friends (WITHOUT ME, not right :mrgreen: ) and picked up one of these:
https://athenasarmory.com/product/sticky-iwb-holster/
When I saw it my first thought she won't wear that long or it will just slide down the leg of her britches (pants for you younger folks). However, she wears it daily and has not had an issue yet. I was so glad it works for her because purse carry in Dallas was not an option and she didn't care for a belt.
At the NRA convention, I bought one of those for my Sig P938. https://stickyholsters.com/sm-5.html

I'm using it as a pocket holster. I don't see myself ever using it for IWB.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

RPBrown
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Irving, Texas

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#12

Post by RPBrown » Fri May 18, 2018 9:19 pm

Pawpaw wrote:
RPBrown wrote:My wife went to the gun show with some of her girl friends (WITHOUT ME, not right :mrgreen: ) and picked up one of these:
https://athenasarmory.com/product/sticky-iwb-holster/
When I saw it my first thought she won't wear that long or it will just slide down the leg of her britches (pants for you younger folks). However, she wears it daily and has not had an issue yet. I was so glad it works for her because purse carry in Dallas was not an option and she didn't care for a belt.
At the NRA convention, I bought one of those for my Sig P938. https://stickyholsters.com/sm-5.html

I'm using it as a pocket holster. I don't see myself ever using it for IWB.
I wouldn’t use it IWB either but it works well for her and she carries every day
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member
Image


Caribe
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:44 am

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

#13

Post by Caribe » Fri May 18, 2018 11:40 pm

If she doesn't where a belt, check out the Crossbreed modular belly band. My wife carries a M&P 9c with no problems.

Post Reply

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”