Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Texas1836
Posts in topic: 2

OWB Paddle Holster That’s Concealable

Post by Texas1836 »

Hi Folks,

I’m looking for an OWB paddle holster (for easy on and off capabilities when entering a restricted area) that also hugs the body and is fairly concealable with an untucked shirt. A lot of the holsters I’ve used tend to angle the grip away from the body causing it to visibly stick out. Does anyone have any recommendations? For a Glock 19. Thanks!

Soccerdad1995

Re: OWB Paddle Holster That’s Concealable

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I've tried a lot of holsters looking for the exact same thing, and haven't found a paddle holster that will hold the gun close enough to my body. I finally went with an RD Warren holster. It's not a paddle, but the snap loops make it very easy to take on and off. He makes them for the G19.

http://rdwarrenleather.com/index.html

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vol Texan »

+1 for Randy Warren and his holsters.

He custom made mine to order. He was a pleasure to work with, and his leatherwork skills are legendary.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

My advice when looking for and deciding on an OWB paddle holster is to not be too worried or critical of that slight outward tilt. If the convenience of the easy on/off is what you’re looking for then there will be a little give and take.

Remember, most people don’t pay enough attention to notice a slight bump. I’ve carried a Glock 22, 27, 30, and 22 OWB with a paddle holster for 10+ years. Blackhawk CQC. No one knew. Friends I thought knew didn’t when we finally talked about them getting their license.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Texas1836 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:55 pm Hi Folks,

I’m looking for an OWB paddle holster (for easy on and off capabilities when entering a restricted area) that also hugs the body and is fairly concealable with an untucked shirt. A lot of the holsters I’ve used tend to angle the grip away from the body causing it to visibly stick out. Does anyone have any recommendations? For a Glock 19. Thanks!
For ease of on/off, I have found that the Safariland Quick Lock System to be easier and more secure than a paddle holster. However, it does add at least 1/4 inch to the width of the holster. Safariland also makes a belt clip for its holsters that adds a little less to the width, is only a little less easy to remove, and is only slightly less secure.

Regardless of which attachment method you use, I encourage you to consider John Corriea's "three critical qualities of a decent holster."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7GrdjqRXk&t=2s
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

I use the Safariland 7378 7TS ALS for my Glock 19 for most all concealment. It is OWB paddle holster but comes with belt slide if you want. As stated above it does add a bit so that the weapon is not hugging you. For most of my shirts/coats etc. this is perfect and my preferred concealed holster.

When I need one to be in tight and close, I use my RD Warren leather - my dress holster. I have had events where I have to wear specific shirts and the RD Warren holster not only looks fantastic, but it keeps the gun snug up against me for better concealment. The only downside is I don't get to show off this great looking holster when concealed. ;-)
Ron
NRA Member

Topic author
Texas1836

Post by Texas1836 »

Does anyone have a Contact! Concealment Paddle Holster? I read a review on another forum that says it keeps your gun up high and very close to the body. Would love to hear if this is truly the case. Not looking to add to my drawer of holsters...

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

C-dub wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am My advice when looking for and deciding on an OWB paddle holster is to not be too worried or critical of that slight outward tilt. If the convenience of the easy on/off is what you’re looking for then there will be a little give and take.

Remember, most people don’t pay enough attention to notice a slight bump. I’ve carried a Glock 22, 27, 30, and 22 OWB with a paddle holster for 10+ years. Blackhawk CQC. No one knew. Friends I thought knew didn’t when we finally talked about them getting their license.
+1 on people not noticing. I've found that most people won't even notice if I open carry. People just aren't looking for a bulge around someone's waist.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Another recommendation on the Safariland ALS with the QLS release. I bought mine for when I travel as I didn't want a holster digging into my leather seats but didn't want to have to deal with taking a holster completely on and off every time I got in and out of my vehicle. But as what's been mentioned here, it sticks out a little further than the your typical paddle/belt holster. If I'm worried about concealment and not planning on sitting in a vehicle for long stretches, I normally either use a Bravo or Raven Concealment belt holster or a Comp-Tac paddle holster.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”