Shirt Front Buttoned or Unbuttoned when Carrying at 3:30 - 4:00?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shirt Front Buttoned or Unbuttoned when Carrying at 3:30 - 4:00?

Post by longtooth »

WildBill wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:17 pm
longtooth wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm Just about 3:30 is where I carry all the time. Open Carry. Shirt is always buttoned and tucked. Momma is 88 but still uses the word "slouchy" on occasion.
As the years go by, and retiring, I am finding myself becoming more "slouchy". :lol:
That said, I carry OWB at 3:30 and, if not wearing a jacket, I usually wear a buttoned and untucked shirt.
:thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

narcissist
Posts in topic: 1

Post by narcissist »

Good position to carry at expecially if someone is trying to rob you of your wallet, just act like your complying then grab your weapon and :fire
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

narcissist wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:39 pm Good position to carry at expecially if someone is trying to rob you of your wallet, just act like your complying then grab your weapon and :fire
I learned a new word in here the other day. Is this one of those "necro-posts"? :mrgreen: I figure I will pile on as well. I typically wear a T-shirt of some sort over mine. I like wearing baggy T-shirts so it works.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:08 pm
narcissist wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:39 pm Good position to carry at expecially if someone is trying to rob you of your wallet, just act like your complying then grab your weapon and :fire
I learned a new word in here the other day. Is this one of those "necro-posts"? :mrgreen: I figure I will pile on as well. I typically wear a T-shirt of some sort over mine. I like wearing baggy T-shirts so it works.
This entire thread is in this year. I wouldn't really call this necro-posting.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Ok, I think I got it now. 2019... not necro-post. 2012 = necro-post.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 pm Ok, I think I got it now. 2019... not necro-post. 2012 = necro-post.
;-)

:cool:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

LDP wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:41 pm Agreed, post revival from within a few months isn't too bad. But if several years have passed, holy necro-post, Batman! :) (I think I brought the term to this board a few months ago, feel free to blame me :mrgreen: )

As for the OP (Crash), how did you make out? I assume you've practiced with different garments and styles, what ended up working for you?

For me, a buttoned untucked shirt works great on the bike while I carry at 6 o'clock (easy to retrieve). In the car, heck no, I need the 3 o'clock holster. And usually either OC or a concealment unbuttoned shirt with a T-shirt underneath. Kinda like a jacket on cold days (both of them every year here in TX :mrgreen: ).
If I was just making a quick trip from the house 6 o clock Mexican carry was my go to. However, if you get pinned on your back, 6 o clock is no bueno.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”