Molding a factory leather holster some?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Molding a factory leather holster some?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

"Off" would be parallel with respect to the direction of the slide. On the holster, it is angled up with respect to the direction of the slide. FYI, it’s I conceivable to me that a holster maker would make a holster intended to carry a loaded andcocked 1911 with the safety off. The product liability would be astronomically high.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DocV »

Listed on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Island-Leather-M ... B01MU8NH4H
Affordable and good reviews. The front side view shows the holster holding a a 1911 in condition 1.
Answers to posted questions suggest you should be good to go with that holster. If not, there is
always that drawer full of holsters;)

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LDP wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:05 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:21 am FYI, it’s I conceivable to me that a holster maker would make a holster intended to carry a loaded and cocked 1911 with the safety off.
Agreed.
But believe me when I tell you that I happen to own a holster with a strap that is made to secure the 1911 with the hammer down. Plus the thumb break is in such an awkward place, it pushes the safety lever down (off) so even you contort the strap around the front of the hammer in the cocked position, the safety will come off which is highly undesired. There's another thread about this here somewhere.
It seems like some holster manufacturers don't know the basics about properly carrying a 1911. They just mold a holster around their plastic prop and you're GTG.
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:21 am The product liability would be astronomically high.
FWIW, I don't really see the Chinese caring about this silly product liability thing. Not their backyard. :biggrinjester:
Are Serpas Chinese made? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t know enough to answer #2.

Yeah, I see your picture. Yes, you’re crazy, but apparently I’m stupid, so it balances out. :lol:

My problem with 1911s in general is that I’m a lefty, and so I’ve always bought 1911s with ambidextrous safeties, or converted a right handed gun to ambidextrous safeties. This doesn’t become a problem until you carry one around for a while that still has a right hander's safety on it. MANY times as I was asking the gun off at the end of the day, I found that I had been carrying around a cocked and UN-locked 1911 because something at some point had made contact with the exposed lever, switching it off. Granted, the grip safety was still engaged and the trigger was covered by the holster .... until I withdrew the weapon to store it, but withdrawing it put my hand into contact with the grip safety, disengaging it, and the only thing between me and a very light single action trigger was good trigger discipline. It was around that time that I began considering carrying other kinds of pistols, and eventually settled on Glocks because that’s what my wife carries.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”