Call-To-Action: Hearings on Numerous House Bills

This forum will contain all calls-to-action for the 2013 Texas Legislative Session. It is not for general discussion so please post in another forum, however questions about calls-to-action are appropriate for this forum.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Call-To-Action: Hearings on Numerous House Bills

Post by baldeagle »

"It's not about the 2nd Amendment. It's about feeling safe at school." :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

This guy just testified. Simulated School Shooting Experiment — Do Armed Teachers or Guards Help in a School Shooting Scenario?.
This experiment was a preliminary test, providing a proving ground for the methodology and scenarios selected for testing before being implemented in a large scale test at a later date.

Based on the limited data collected from this experiment it appears that an armed teacher would save lives in an active shooter scenario. The caveat: the teacher’s effectiveness depends on their level of training. Maximum effectiveness of an armed teacher of any skill level is achieved with advanced warning of the approaching shooter and implementation of a classroom “lockdown.”
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 17

Post by RPB »

baldeagle wrote:"It's not about the 2nd Amendment. It's about feeling safe at school." :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
To FEEL safer, I recommend wearing bubble wrap, to BE safer, wear a .45
(Borrowed and adapted from a quote from Charles in 2011 :tiphat: )
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

"I do not believe that my right to personal safety should be infringed upon by someone's right to carry." :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The ignorance in this country is beyond profound. Your supposed right to personal safety doesn't stop a criminal from shooting you, bozo.

dicion
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dicion »

baldeagle wrote:"I do not believe that my right to personal safety should be infringed upon by someone's right to carry." :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The ignorance in this country is beyond profound. Your supposed right to personal safety doesn't stop a criminal from shooting you, bozo.
I was just about to post roughly the same thing...

She even has a California Accent

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 1

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Allright! I didn't know that as a U.S. citizen I have a right to personal safety in public places. That solves everything.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

dicion
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dicion »

J.R.@A&M wrote:Allright! I didn't know that as a U.S. citizen I have a right to personal safety in public places. That solves everything.
Clearly, all you need to do to stop a criminal is call them out on infringing your right to personal safety!

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

#TxLege Hearings on Gun Bills HB1009 (school marshal) http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/83 ... 01009I.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; &

HB 1896 Relating to firearm training and the authority of certain employees of a school district http://legiscan.com/TX/drafts/HB1896/2013 hearings are next #Gunrights following short recess LIVE FEED
Now starting:
http://www.house.state.tx.us/video-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by RPB on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

The_Busy_Mom

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

I have watched everything (except for the 3-4 minutes that i got bumped when RealPlayer hiccuped). Here are my concerns -

Why is it that every young person, less maybe 1 or 2, constantly use the term "I think". I know the answer to this. We have raised, now several, generations of young people who believe what they think is more important than what the written law indicates. Long gone are the times of "you are meant to be seen, not heard." I was raised to be less hear, more seen, unless what was coming out of my mouth was well thought out and important. These generations will eventually take over our government positions, and I truly hope this doesn't happen in my lifetime, lest there be a tremendous civil struggle. I know I'm preaching to the choir......

Every woman who testified, with the exception of Alice Trip and a vet-tech from A&M, were opposed to these bills. Our leaders (NRA, political party leadership, etc.) have got to figure out why women are not being reached and served. This isn't pandering to the woman vote. It is understanding where your message is falling short. I feel very called to understand this failing, and really do something about it. How I do that, I really have no idea. But what I know is that a bunch of PTA moms got together many years ago, and got a whole bunch of stuff changed at the state level and at the national level. And if these busy bodies (yes, I was one of them) can pull themselves together for school lunch, why can't we get ourselves together to support self defense? I understand that there are some great women-only shooting groups out there (Diva WOW, Girl & A Gun, ect.). But these groups are serving people who already shoot, whether newbie or seasoned. PTA moms aren't teachers or administrators, yet they changed educational policy tremendously. I am talking about those women who are not involved with guns, who think that the answer to rampant assault and rape is to find the nearest call-box after the assault has occurred. Who is reaching out to them? I am really doing some soul searching. I know a lot of our like-minded people have become apathetic when it comes to listening to the testimony of the "other side", and why listen to our side when it just reinforces the way we already believe - but it is in those times that we are renewed to a cause, and understand where our message is failing. I look at these 5 hours of testimony in a new light, seeing again that there has to be some outreach where our message is failing.

I know I am arm-chair quarterbacking. Maybe this is the call to quarterback from meaningful position, not my living room.

:txflag: TBM
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RHenriksen »

I feel the same way. Another way to look at it is, those women who *are* pro-2A are not being as politically active. The ones who are anti-, are making the time to come and testify. While it never hurts to put thought & activism towards reaching out to anti-gun females, it wouldn't hurt to also roust up existing pro-2A females to become higher profile in meaningful ways.
The_Busy_Mom wrote:I am talking about those women who are not involved with guns, who think that the answer to rampant assault and rape is to find the nearest call-box after the assault has occurred. Who is reaching out to them? I am really doing some soul searching. I know a lot of our like-minded people have become apathetic when it comes to listening to the testimony of the "other side", and why listen to our side when it just reinforces the way we already believe - but it is in those times that we are renewed to a cause, and understand where our message is failing. I look at these 5 hours of testimony in a new light, seeing again that there has to be some outreach where our message is failing.

I know I am arm-chair quarterbacking. Maybe this is the call to quarterback from meaningful position, not my living room.

I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Gun Bills HB1009
Teacher testifies she'd rather wait 20 minutes for Police to arrive while massacre occurs than have armed School Marshal on campus :banghead:
Kenneth Sheets @RepKenSheets retweeted you
1h:
#TxLege Hearings on School Gun Bills 1009 & 1896 now starting-LIVE FEED http://www.house.state.tx.us/video-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #Gunrights #TGDN #PJNET #TGDNTexas #Tcot
:tiphat:
I'm no lawyer

The_Busy_Mom

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

RPB wrote:Gun Bills HB1009
Teacher testifies she'd rather wait 20 minutes for Police to arrive while massacre occurs than have armed School Marshal on campus :banghead:
Kenneth Sheets @RepKenSheets retweeted you
1h:
#TxLege Hearings on School Gun Bills 1009 & 1896 now starting-LIVE FEED http://www.house.state.tx.us/video-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #Gunrights #TGDN #PJNET #TGDNTexas #Tcot
:tiphat:
Her position was absolutely ludicrous. It's like she dug in and didn't want to even open her mind for a different position. I think someone from CPS needs to visit her family if she would rather her children be put in harm's way than the potential for someone to save those children. That is potential child endangerment. :rules: :nono:

Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

6:12 pm
Testimony beginning on HB700 #OpenCarry
http://www.house.state.tx.us/video-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This hearing today, imho, has been both the friendliest and the most entertaining of all I've ever seen, even if I did miss the skirt, I mean the Kilt blowing up and accidentally exposing .... a gun. :biggrinjester:
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Storify: Campus Carry Bills Debated in House

by Reeve Hamilton
March 14, 2013
http://www.texastribune.org/2013/03/14/ ... ted-house/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-----------------------------------------
Open carry testimony still going
===============
Sheesh out of all of it >>>> MSM>>>
KVUE News ‏@KVUE
#UT sniper victim testifies against 'campus carry' legislation:
http://t.co/Hv86pT4LGj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Alice Tripp is up again for a sentence or two ... HB1077
HB1077 - Extends "employer parking lot" bill to college campuses - applies to students and employees...

and it's over

7:22 pm adjourned
I'm no lawyer

Return to “2013 Calls-To-Action”