Call-To-Action: Hearing on HB508

This forum will contain all calls-to-action for the 2013 Texas Legislative Session. It is not for general discussion so please post in another forum, however questions about calls-to-action are appropriate for this forum.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Call-To-Action: Hearing on HB508

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Please contact your Representative and Members of the House Criminal Jurisprudence Committee and voice your support for HB508. The Bill is necessary because of the unscrupulous actions by some local officials and public employees who post unenforceable 30.06 signs on government owned property. It is not unlawful for CHL's to carry handguns in such locations, so these people are trying to obtain by intimidation and fear that which Texas law does not allow them to achieve. HB508 creates a Class C Misdemeanor which is a fine only, but it is a sound deterrent to this unethical behavior.

Chas.

House Criminal Jurisprudence Committee:

Rep. Abel Herrero - Chair (512) 463-0462
Rep. Stefani Carter - Vice-Chair (512) 463-0454
Rep. Lon Burnam (F Rated) (512) 463-0740
Rep. Terry Canales (512) 463-0426
Rep. Bryan Hughes (512) 463-0271
Rep. Jeff Leach (512) 463-0544
Rep. Joe Moody (512) 463-0728
Rep. Matt Schaefer (512) 463-0584
Rep. Steve Toth (512) 463-0797

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Call-To-Action: Hearing on HB508

Post by RHenriksen »

In process now, and have cross posted this to some other forums.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Going down the list. Also called Kevin Eltife and George Lavender

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

Charles, is there any way to setup e-mail alerts for the Calls To Action? I'm not able to monitor the boards throughout the day, so an e-mail alert on my phone would be very helpful. That way, I'd know about the CTA as soon as it happens and would be able to respond more quickly - especially on days when I'm away from my PC or too busy to check the boards (but not to busy to call my rep ;-) ). I'm signed up for TFC, but if CTA's are going out through that, I'm not receiving them.

Wes

Post by Wes »

At the bottom of this page viewforum.php?f=125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click subscribe to forum and any new posts to it will send you an alert telling you the title of the new thread.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TrueFlog wrote:Charles, is there any way to setup e-mail alerts for the Calls To Action? I'm not able to monitor the boards throughout the day, so an e-mail alert on my phone would be very helpful. That way, I'd know about the CTA as soon as it happens and would be able to respond more quickly - especially on days when I'm away from my PC or too busy to check the boards (but not to busy to call my rep ;-) ). I'm signed up for TFC, but if CTA's are going out through that, I'm not receiving them.
You have given me an idea. I'll set up a separate forum under the Texas Legislative section that will be solely for calls-to-action. Also, I plan to send it in an email blast to all TFC Members, but I've been swamped working on committee substitutes and haven't been able to do so.

Chas.

fickman

Post by fickman »

Called the entire committee and my own representative as well.
Native Texian

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
TrueFlog wrote:Charles, is there any way to setup e-mail alerts for the Calls To Action? I'm not able to monitor the boards throughout the day, so an e-mail alert on my phone would be very helpful. That way, I'd know about the CTA as soon as it happens and would be able to respond more quickly - especially on days when I'm away from my PC or too busy to check the boards (but not to busy to call my rep ;-) ). I'm signed up for TFC, but if CTA's are going out through that, I'm not receiving them.
You have given me an idea. I'll set up a separate forum under the Texas Legislative section that will be solely for calls-to-action. Also, I plan to send it in an email blast to all TFC Members, but I've been swamped working on committee substitutes and haven't been able to do so.

Chas.
Awesome, thanks! I understand that you're busy with alot of other priorities this session. Can I recommend making the new forum read-only (i.e. only you can post to it)? That way, we can all subscribe to e-mail alerts on that forum and be assured that each alert is a meaningful message from you. I could subscribe now, but then I'd get an e-mail everytime someone posts "Called them all" or something similar that doesn't require immediate action.

fickman

Post by fickman »

TrueFlog wrote:everytime someone posts "Called them all" or something similar that doesn't require immediate action.
. . . my ears are burning!
:coolgleamA:

I just like to post those to bump the threads and keep peer pressure on other forum members to join in.

I agree with your sentiment. Having a Chas-only call-to-action forum where we can subscribe and get alerts with the content of the post in the email would be a great mobilizer.
Native Texian

Return to “2013 Calls-To-Action”