Senate Bills 179 and 273 on State Affairs Agenda Today

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Senate Bills 179 and 273 on State Affairs Agenda Today

Post by RogueUSMC »

Cool, thank you.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Topic author
K5GU
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Senate Bills 179 and 273 on State Affairs Agenda Today

Post by K5GU »

FYI..this is the letter I faxed to Dan Patrick, and is very similar to the letters I sent to my Senator and the State Affairs committee today.

March 3, 2015

The Honorable Dan Patrick
Lieutenant Governor of Texas
Austin, TX 78711

Dear Governor Patrick,

I urge you to support Senator Campbell’s S.B. 273, relating to “..unenforceable 30.06 signs and notices...”

As a CHL holder and a law abiding citizen who carries a concealed handgun for personal defense, I do not want the burden imposed on me in a case where I enter an area posted with an unenforceable 30.06 sign, and then possibly have to expend time and money defending against possible arrest and prosecution caused by such an unenforceable sign.

I think you should prioritize and support SB 273, and with no amendments that would change the intent, or cause the death of this bill, and call for a vote of this bill. This legislation must be supported for the reasons listed:

SB273 applies only to unenforceable signs that are posted solely to intimidate CHL holders into not carrying their self-defense handguns where it is perfectly legal to do so. Signs can still be posted on areas that are statutorily off-limits, although doing so is not necessary, except for meetings of government entities.

The locations in Tex. Penal Code §§46.03 and 46.035 that are currently off-limits to CHLs will remain off-limits with the passage of SB273.

I look forward to learning of your position and actions on this issue.

Sincerely Yours,
Life is good.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”