Close to end of session, feeling blue - are you also??

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

safety1
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Close to end of session, feeling blue - are you also??

Post by safety1 »

Bladed wrote:
joe817 wrote:
safety1 wrote:SB11 & SB17 already made it to committee? Which should be a Pro 2A committee right? .....if it goes out of committee it goes to the floor for a vote...correct? How is Strauss going to stop that? Maybe I don't know how the process works, but NO WAY one man is going to hold up the entire show when BOTH chambers already had favorable votes on these bills. Gotta be more to it than that.
Both SB 11 & SB 17 were referred to Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee on 05/05/15, a week ago today. And as far as I can tell, they have not scheduled hearing the 2 bills this week. In fact, they have only 1 scheduled meeting this week, which was today, according to TLO's schedule of hearings for this week.

I've tried very hard to learn about the legislative process this session, and the more I learn, the more I realize what I don't know. :???:

To me, it's a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, encased in a puzzle, all inside a dichotomy....if that makes sense. :grumble
The House Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety already held hearings on the House companions to SB 11 and SB 17, so the committee won't hold hearings on SB 11 or SB 17. They just have to vote the bills out of committee, and such votes aren't publicly scheduled.
Go to know...thanks!
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

RedTop
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RedTop »

Strauss / Patrick these two pull the strings of the puppets in the senate and house...and they all may publicly gripe and moan and groan...behind closed doors each chamber kisses the ring of the boss.....Texas and federal politics. It's all the same.

The golden rule......The man with the gold makes the rules.

Will Open Carry pass? It "should"....but with these 2 in charge and egos in play.....who knows. And I assure you all that your voice don't mean diddly to those in the house or the senate.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I could post that the GOP will save us but I won't.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

joe817
Posts in topic: 3

Post by joe817 »

Bladed wrote:The House Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety already held hearings on the House companions to SB 11 and SB 17, so the committee won't hold hearings on SB 11 or SB 17. They just have to vote the bills out of committee, and such votes aren't publicly scheduled.
Well that makes perfect sense. Thanks. Just have to keep track on how they voted.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Ruark
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ruark »

What specific person or persons, right at this moment, have the ability to get 910 moving?
-Ruark

safety1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by safety1 »

Ruark wrote:What specific person or persons, right at this moment, have the ability to get 910 moving?
Good question
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Ruark wrote:What specific person or persons, right at this moment, have the ability to get 910 moving?
Complete and total speculation here but.............Dan Patrick
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

pdxmale

Post by pdxmale »

as I understand it ------ it is Dan Pattrick.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TVGuy »

A couple of weeks old, but a good article on the subject:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics ... warily.ece

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Why is HB910 scheduled for a public hearing AGAIN on 5/18? We had a public hearing two months ago. Is this a tactic to kill the bill?
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup ... Bill=HB910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TVGuy »

OldCannon wrote:Why is HB910 scheduled for a public hearing AGAIN on 5/18? We had a public hearing two months ago. Is this a tactic to kill the bill?
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup ... Bill=HB910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is a public hearing in the Senate.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

TVGuy wrote:
OldCannon wrote:Why is HB910 scheduled for a public hearing AGAIN on 5/18? We had a public hearing two months ago. Is this a tactic to kill the bill?
This is a public hearing in the Senate.
I wonder if Mommies Against The Second Amendment will send somebody else to lie under oath like they did the last time?

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

TVGuy wrote: This is a public hearing in the Senate.
Arggghhhh. So we have to sit there and listen to all those hoplophobes again? I wonder if Acevedo is out there cracking his knuckles, too.
-Ruark

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Ruark wrote:
Arggghhhh. So we have to sit there and listen to all those hoplophobes again? I wonder if Acevedo is out there cracking his knuckles, too.
I wonder if somebody will question Chief Acevedo's stance on cc on campus given this recent event:
http://kxan.com/2015/05/14/student-robb ... ge-campus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

OldCannon wrote:
Ruark wrote:
I wonder if somebody will question Chief Acevedo's stance on cc on campus given this recent event:
http://kxan.com/2015/05/14/student-robb ... ge-campus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope you don't mind, I posted that to the Crimes on Campus category http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=77601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”