Link to Today's TX Senate Hearing On SB11 and SB 17 (2-12)

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Link to Today's TX Senate Hearing On SB11 and SB 17 (2-1

Post by CoffeeNut »

Dave09 wrote:Gotta say it was definitely interesting watching one of these. I have never actually watched this process before so thank you for posting that link.

It sounded like most of the teachers, that testified, expect their chl students to turn the classroom into a blood bath...
Those fully grown adults just can't handle the stresses of grades, pimples, the other sex and GUNS! :roll:
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ScooterSissy »

Both bills passed committee, both by a 7-2 vote.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

Both pass out of committee with the amendment on open carry that it must stay concealed on college campuses. :anamatedbanana
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mojo84
Posts in topic: 30

Post by mojo84 »

I can live with the substitute bill.

Excited they got out of committee.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CoffeeNut »

Keith B wrote:Both pass out of committee with the amendment on open carry that it must stay concealed on college campuses. :anamatedbanana
Woohoo!
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

PBR
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PBR »

so with both passing what is next step and how long for it? sadly i'm not so up on the steps and everything.
Last edited by PBR on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

birdman253
Posts in topic: 5

Post by birdman253 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
birdman253 wrote:Due to work issues, I was only able to listen to the last 45 mins or so. Those of you that were able to listen to most of the hearing, what are your opinions as to which way the wind is blowing?
Both bills will be voted out of committee favorably. Most of the testimony was what one would expect with a few good surprises. There were no bad surprises, because we knew the dire predictions we heard in 1995 and in 2007 would be repeated.

Chas.
Thank you!

Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ruark »

PBR wrote:so with both passing what is next step and how long for it? sadly i'm not so up on the steps and everything.
I'd like to know the next steps, too, and when they'll happen. Also, does this mean that the TOC, CAGI, Grisham/Watkins bunch is out of the picture, or can they still make trouble?
-Ruark

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 6

Post by locke_n_load »

PBR wrote:so with both passing what is next step and how long for it? sadly i'm not so up on the steps and everything.
It will go to the senate floor for a vote, along with the amendments. They have a month I believe.

I sure hope that the retention holster amendment flops, as well as the visual identification, and the holster placement requirements.
I am really hoping that someone adds an amendment that they can't just ask for handgun license if you are OCing, but I didn't hear much support from the senators for that to be removed though. :???:
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RHenriksen »

Wonderful news. Confident it'll clear the senate; the House is the big wild card.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by v7a »

When the bills are eventually passed by the full Senate and head over to the House, do they go first to a House committee or do they head directly to the House floor?

android

Post by android »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
birdman253 wrote:Due to work issues, I was only able to listen to the last 45 mins or so. Those of you that were able to listen to most of the hearing, what are your opinions as to which way the wind is blowing?
Both bills will be voted out of committee favorably. Most of the testimony was what one would expect with a few good surprises. There were no bad surprises, because we knew the dire predictions we heard in 1995 and in 2007 would be repeated.

Chas.
Several police chiefs also testified against the measures, saying they would strain law enforcement and make it difficult to identify perpetrators at the scene of a crime.

Open carry would create a “huge fiscal burden” on police departments, said Chief Art Acevedo of Austin, both in the additional training needed to educate officers and resources needed to respond to increased calls involving firearms.
Same old tired rubbish from the police. This hasn't been a problem for the last 20 years, why would allowing CC on campuses that are a tiny percentage of all the places it is already allowed all of the sudden create this huge burden?

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

I watched it all the way through , the anti bill folks got a bit redundant to listen to but you could see that there was more than enough support . I have more hope for the bills than I did only yesterday . It was interesting .

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ScooterSissy wrote:Both bills passed committee, both by a 7-2 vote.
Didn't SB11 pass with an amendment from Zefferini?

And Chief Acevido was a real piece of work. He told so many lies it got hard to pick out the truths from what he said. Maybe there were none?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 11

Post by SewTexas »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:Both bills passed committee, both by a 7-2 vote.
Didn't SB11 pass with an amendment from Zefferini?

And Chief Acevido was a real piece of work. He told so many lies it got hard to pick out the truths from what he said. Maybe there were none?

someone said earlier that they didn't wait for her amendments.

and I'm also a little confused, Dan Patrick sent out a message that the bills passed with a 7-0 vote.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”