Time to Work Together

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Time to Work Together

Post by steveincowtown »

I have no doubt that TSRA and NRA are the the go to groups when trying to get legislation passed, but for whatever it is worth Facebook tells me that they need to open their ears to what the people want.

Facebook Stats:

TSRA
3,549 Likes

OCT
16,470 Likes

NRA
4,109,103 Likes

National Association of Gun Rights (Founded 2005)
4,022,970 Likes

National Association of Gun Rights claims that they have 3.5 million member, which (if true) means that in nine years they have built their membership to 70% of what the NRA has since 1871.

After all the back and forth between these groups on this forum I hope to see a softening of hearts and a meeting of minds in the near future. Seems like it is time to work together.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Time to Work Together

Post by anygunanywhere »

steveincowtown wrote:I have no doubt that TSRA and NRA are the the go to groups when trying to get legislation passed, but for whatever it is worth Facebook tells me that they need to open their ears to what the people want.

Facebook Stats:

TSRA
3,549 Likes

OCT
16,470 Likes

NRA
4,109,103 Likes

4,022,970 Likes

National Association of Gun Rights claims that they have 3.5 million member, which (if true) means that in nine years they have built their membership to 70% of what the NRA has since 1871.

After all the back and forth between these groups on this forum I hope to see a softening of hearts and a meeting of minds in the near future. Seems like it is time to work together.
I bet lots of NAGR members are also NRA members. Same with TSRA and OCT.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

anygunanywhere wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:I have no doubt that TSRA and NRA are the the go to groups when trying to get legislation passed, but for whatever it is worth Facebook tells me that they need to open their ears to what the people want.

Facebook Stats:

TSRA
3,549 Likes

OCT
16,470 Likes

NRA
4,109,103 Likes

4,022,970 Likes

I bet lots of NAGR members are also NRA members. Same with TSRA and OCT.
:iagree:
NRA+NAGR. I know a lot of people who are members to most, with the exclusion of OCT, I do not know any of those folks.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

Facebook Stats:

TSRA
3,549 Likes

OCT
16,470 Likes

NRA
4,109,103 Likes

4,022,970 Likes

Now that I have wrestled the computer away from SWMBO I can post this instead of using the phone.

I was thinking about this working together thing this morning as I read more of the thread challenging OCT to answer Charles' questions.

There is one thing that the leftist progressive gun grabbers have in common whether it be trying to push more infringements on us or taking over the health care system. They work towards a common goal even though they often disagree on a few points. Their common goal is not always a stated objective. I personally think it is to destroy America but you will not get a lefty to admit this. Suffice it to say that every step they take it is to further their agenda and this agenda is crystal clear on many fronts.

One characteristic of the right, the GOP in particulars that we can't focus on the same objective and push through our agenda. With respect to gun rights, look at OC. OC should be part of our overall agenda of advancing gun rights, and we should be able to prioritize what is best for our cause as a whole. CHarles does a very good job of pointing this out and leading us in the journey to reduce prohibited areas , campus carry, and other possible enhancements of our freedoms. OC is a small part of this agenda and should be fit right into the box that we place on the desk of our legislature and demand action. No part of the agenda can be an all or nothing part and accomplishing any part of our box of wants can be gained at the expense of something we already have.

I applaud those who try to bring the factions together. There are many fine statesmen on this board that plead our case.

I wish there was a magic pixies dust to sprinkle on the heads of those who are more focused on being selfish and careless in their quest and hurt the broad spectrum of what we can accomplish if we only had a unified front to advance our cause.

If we are going to get anywhere we have to beat the grabbers at their own game. They would not expect this because they know and understand all it takes to turn over our apple cart and that is to get us fighting each other.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

paxton25

Post by paxton25 »

NAGR has grown exponentially over the last couple of years for sure, and I understand they are now around a $20million group. But I don't put a lot of weight in FB counts as there are several ways to get paid FB likes. Not saying NAGR has done that but it just means I don't think FB likes are necessarily a true indication of size or strength. In several of the political fights I have been in I have seen groups on the other side slap up a FB page and have 3000 likes in a day or two, most of them from out of the area or out of state. I think it also has to do with how each group operates. NAGR is more social media, email and lit drop savy than the others, which makes sense being a more grassroots organization, that tends to favor more FB traffic, besides, think how many older folks who don't FB that are in the NRA. I will say I am on everyone's email and mailing list and the only mailed literature I saw specifically going after a bad 2A dem in my area was from NAGR and I think it was pretty effective. I got a candidate survey list from others but nothing specifically saying candidate so and so is anti gun.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”