Incapable of civil discourse and debate

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

birdman253
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Incapable of civil discourse and debate

Post by birdman253 »

I'm sorry, because I probably should know, but what is "OCDO"?

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Open Carry Dot Org
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

birdman253

Post by birdman253 »

Thank you! Like I said, I should have been able to figure that out! Guess I'm a little slow today!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

birdman253 wrote:Thank you! Like I said, I should have been able to figure that out! Guess I'm a little slow today!
You're not alone. :???:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

JKTex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JKTex »

steveincowtown wrote:
TXBO wrote:Here's another direct quote of Perry from the same article:

In his interview Thursday, Perry also said gun owners should be "appropriately backgrounded, appropriately vetted, appropriately trained."

"We license people to drive on our highways,” he said. “We give them that privilege. The same is true with our concealed handguns.”

Sounds like talking points right out of the liberal handbook.
:iagree: Following this logic here we should also register guns, after all cars are registered. There is also no "right to drive" enumerated in the constitution.

Car's don't have to be registered, unless they are used on public roadways.

That puts the silly car vs gun registration analogy to bed. :txflag: GOD bless Texas!

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

JKTex wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:

In his interview Thursday, Perry also said gun owners should be "appropriately backgrounded, appropriately vetted, appropriately trained."

"We license people to drive on our highways,” he said. “We give them that privilege. The same is true with our concealed handguns.”

:iagree: Following this logic here we should also register guns, after all cars are registered. There is also no "right to drive" enumerated in the constitution.

That puts the silly car vs gun registration analogy to bed. :txflag: GOD bless Texas!
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The topic of this thread is civil discourse and debate, not the merits of licensed or unlicensed open-carry. I have to admit that I expected some folks to come to the defense of OCT and Grisham.

Chas.

I abandon this thread long ago out of respect.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

steveincowtown wrote:
JKTex wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The topic of this thread is civil discourse and debate, not the merits of licensed or unlicensed open-carry. I have to admit that I expected some folks to come to the defense of OCT and Grisham.

Chas.

I abandon this thread long ago out of respect.
I gave up also.

Chas.

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by TXBO »

[quote="Charles L. Cotton] I gave up also.

Chas.[/quote]

Limiting the discussion to the topic of civil discourse really leaves little dissent for most reasonable adults. What's left to say?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

I believe this is as good as any place for this.

The idiots continue to press on with their stupid counter-productive actions and rhetoric. It's imperative we do all we can to separate ourselves from these lunatics. The best way to do so is to be respectful and as well spoken as possible by avoiding ridiculous hyperbole and threats when interacting with those that hold the fate of our cause in their hands.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”