SB17 OC Bill On Intent Calendar for 3-16-2015.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 8

Re: SB17 OC Bill On Intent Calendar for 3-16-2015.

Post by G.A. Heath »

bigity wrote:I could swear I heard Prat on Texas say this passed House committee yesterday, is that accurate or was I daydreaming on the way home from work?
HB910, Committee Substitute, which is this bill's companion passed the house yesterday.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

G.A. Heath wrote:
bigity wrote:I could swear I heard Prat on Texas say this passed House committee yesterday, is that accurate or was I daydreaming on the way home from work?
HB910, Committee Substitute, which is this bill's companion passed the house yesterday.
It didn't pass the house, it was reported favorably out of the house committee. It has not passed the full house vote yet.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

jerry_r60 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
It didn't pass the house, it was reported favorably out of the house committee. It has not passed the full house vote yet.
Ahh, that'll teach me not to trust what I just heard on the radio w/o researching it myself. Unfortunately I am unable to access the legislatures website due to ISP problems and this website loads just fast enough I can respond before my internet goes down again. My ISP needs to get things fixed so I can do more than 15 to 40 seconds of internet for every 5 minutes.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

jerry_r60 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
So, here is my question: is it now a matter of a certain someone actually letting it come to a vote on the floor before the full House? As in, if he doesn't let it, it just dies when the legislature adjourns?

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 17

Post by RHenriksen »

K.Mooneyham wrote:
jerry_r60 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
So, here is my question: is it now a matter of a certain someone actually letting it come to a vote on the floor before the full House? As in, if he doesn't let it, it just dies when the legislature adjourns?
That's my understanding, yes.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

ELB
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ELB »

K.Mooneyham wrote: ...

HB910 was heard in committee in order to get the testimony and public hearing out of the way, and to get it on the House calendar for a floor vote. However, the bill that actually needs to be passed by the House in order for OC to go to the governor is its companion SB17 (since it was passed by the Senate), which hasn't been assigned yet. When/if it is assigned, presumably, to the HS and PS Committee, the intention is to report it favorably out of the committee without taking testimony again and then substitute it for HB910 on the calendar. At least that was how I understood the plan when I called Rep Phillips office yesterday.
USAF 1982-2005

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

ELB wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote: ...

HB910 was heard in committee in order to get the testimony and public hearing out of the way, and to get it on the House calendar for a floor vote. However, the bill that actually needs to be passed by the House in order for OC to go to the governor is its companion SB17 (since it was passed by the Senate), which hasn't been assigned yet. When/if it is assigned, presumably, to the HS and PS Committee, the intention is to report it favorably out of the committee without taking testimony again and then substitute it for HB910 on the calendar. At least that was how I understood the plan when I called Rep Phillips office yesterday.
and these moves don't necessarily happen one day after another. If you look at SB17, it took a bit just for it to be "received" by the house. then still a bit more for it to get assigned.

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LSUTiger »

Right now I feel like I did the year the Saints won the Superbowl.

Very optimistic that it will happen, impatient after years of waiting but trying to taking things one step at a time.

Won't believe it till it happens. Wouldn't be surprised if at the 11th hour it doesn't pass.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”