Removing "Shoulder or Belt" holster from SB17

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mr1337
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Removing "Shoulder or Belt" holster from SB17

Post by mr1337 »

mojo84 wrote:I am not getting "increasingly aggressive" or "insulting". I am challenging your argument that this bill should or does make it legal to store your gun in a car mounted holster in open view.

All I'm saying is you are arguing for something outside what the intent of the bill is. I guess this comment of yours led me to believe you want your method of "carry" to be legal.
I specifically would like it changed so that I could open carry in my car-mounted holster during long trips. Since it's not a belt or shoulder holster, I wouldn't be able to carry in the car holster without it being concealed, which adds to the time I need to get to it.
If you are already using this method of " carry", what about this bill changes anything for you. My contention is that is changes nothing. If you are doing it legally now, you should be able to continue to do so.

I apologize for "insulting" you. It was not my intent to do so.

Edit: I went back and reread the thread and saw that you have a zippered cover on your grassbur.
Of course, I would like it to be legal to openly carry in my vehicle in a Grassburr holster, but my point is that I'm not trying to "get my own way" as that phrase always carries a negative, selfish connotation.

I never doubted that the bill would not allow me to openly carry in my vehicle in a non-belt/shoulder holster, such as the one I already have mounted. I know the bill doesn't change the fact that openly carrying in that holster would be illegal both before and after the bill, unless the "belt or shoulder" words were removed from the bill. My main point with you is that this definitely constitutes "carrying" and not "storage" because it would be "about" my person, which was your main argument - that an accessible firearm not attached to your body is not "carrying."
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mojo84 »

mr1337 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I am not getting "increasingly aggressive" or "insulting". I am challenging your argument that this bill should or does make it legal to store your gun in a car mounted holster in open view.

All I'm saying is you are arguing for something outside what the intent of the bill is. I guess this comment of yours led me to believe you want your method of "carry" to be legal.
I specifically would like it changed so that I could open carry in my car-mounted holster during long trips. Since it's not a belt or shoulder holster, I wouldn't be able to carry in the car holster without it being concealed, which adds to the time I need to get to it.
If you are already using this method of " carry", what about this bill changes anything for you. My contention is that is changes nothing. If you are doing it legally now, you should be able to continue to do so.

I apologize for "insulting" you. It was not my intent to do so.

Edit: I went back and reread the thread and saw that you have a zippered cover on your grassbur.
Of course, I would like it to be legal to openly carry in my vehicle in a Grassburr holster, but my point is that I'm not trying to "get my own way" as that phrase always carries a negative, selfish connotation.

I never doubted that the bill would not allow me to openly carry in my vehicle in a non-belt/shoulder holster, such as the one I already have mounted. I know the bill doesn't change the fact that openly carrying in that holster would be illegal both before and after the bill, unless the "belt or shoulder" words were removed from the bill. My main point with you is that this definitely constitutes "carrying" and not "storage" because it would be "about" my person, which was your main argument - that an accessible firearm not attached to your body is not "carrying."
OK.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

K5GU
Posts in topic: 5

Post by K5GU »

And the initial charge may not be directly related to the holster, but be careful when adding wording in a law whereby prosecution could twist and spin and use the holster wording against you in court.
Life is good.

pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pcgizzmo »

I don't want to read every post here but am I understanding the consensus is that "any" holster that is connected to a belt considered a belt holster? For example I have an Alien Gear IWB holder that attaches to my belt and normally I want to use it to conceal carry but if I wanted to wear it in an open carry fashion consensus is that I would be OK because it's attached to my belt? Thx.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mojo84 »

pcgizzmo wrote:I don't want to read every post here but am I understanding the consensus is that "any" holster that is connected to a belt considered a belt holster? For example I have an Alien Gear IWB holder that attaches to my belt and normally I want to use it to conceal carry but if I wanted to wear it in an open carry fashion consensus is that I would be OK because it's attached to my belt? Thx.
Yes
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”