Texas3006 called out in public testimony period?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas3006 called out in public testimony period?

Post by jimlongley »

He called them "predatory" and said that they do this to avoid the law.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jerry_r60 »

I heard it too however don't recall exactly what was said. They way I understood what was said, it seemed like 3006 was being confused with some of the open carry protest groups or at least that's what popped into my head when I heard it. I'm thinking it was during discussion of SB17.

Outnumbered

Post by Outnumbered »

I don't remember exactly what was said other than "predatory."

Here is a link to archived video. I haven't checked to see if it is up to date.

http://www.house.state.tx.us/video-audio/chamber/84/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here is where it was being discussed as it was going on. It's on page 8 of 30. Looks like it was said shortly before 4:40 pm.

viewtopic.php?f=133&t=76631&start=105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited for punctuation.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Russell wrote:Hi guys,

I noticed a post on another website that said the following:

"One group that was called out specifically in the testimony yesterday was Texas3006.com (IIRC). Took me by surprise -- they said that Texas3006 has been organizing protests and going into businesses to demand they take down their signs? Didn't know anything about that. The legislator that was talking about them seemed disgusted. I don't know if that's actually happening; maybe some of you guys know more about it."

Did anybody catch this during the testimony? I was trying to find transcripts online of what exactly was said but haven't been able to.

I, of course, have not been organizing *anything*. I am pretty certain the anti-gun sheep will make up anything they can that makes them sound good.

Yes, it was on the senate floor on the 16th. It was Sen. Rodriguez when he was talking about his amendment that would streamline the 30.06 and now the 30.07 signs to be on an 8.5x11" paper that the DPS could make available online and printable to make it easier for places to infringe on our god given rights. He mentioned how 3006.com was a resource to allow people to share info on signs that they can ignore.

Not too malicious, but at least 3006.com is living, rent free, in his head!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jason K »

Russell wrote:Hi guys,

I noticed a post on another website that said the following:

"One group that was called out specifically in the testimony yesterday was Texas3006.com (IIRC). Took me by surprise -- they said that Texas3006 has been organizing protests and going into businesses to demand they take down their signs? Didn't know anything about that. The legislator that was talking about them seemed disgusted. I don't know if that's actually happening; maybe some of you guys know more about it."

Did anybody catch this during the testimony? I was trying to find transcripts online of what exactly was said but haven't been able to.

I, of course, have not been organizing *anything*. I am pretty certain the anti-gun sheep will make up anything they can that makes them sound good.
They're right, of course. How dare you post accurate information on 30.06 signs where lawful CHL'ers can research and make decisions about which businesses and public areas to support! You're just not following the narrative that MDA's feel comfortable with....

:clapping: Keep up the good work!

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Russell wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:Not too malicious, but at least 3006.com is living, rent free, in his head!
I hope his head is a peaceful place! I'd like to visit one day :roll:

Unfortunately for him though I've already registered texas3007.com so that, if this bill passes, I can continue the legacy of documenting businesses that don't want our money! :tiphat:

If you're ever in Fort Worth, I'll buy you a beer.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

TBJK

Post by TBJK »

Sure wish the 30.06 would go away period. The Law of it anyways

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Russell wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:Not too malicious, but at least 3006.com is living, rent free, in his head!

Unfortunately for him though I've already registered texas3007.com so that, if this bill passes, I can continue the legacy of documenting businesses that don't want our money! :tiphat:
:hurry: :hurry: :hurry:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

That's awesome. Will the 30.07 site be separate, or will it share the 30.06 site, just with a 30.07 sign category added?
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

Pawpaw wrote:
Russell wrote:

:hurry: :hurry: :hurry:
:iagree: :clapping: :woohoo

joe817
Posts in topic: 4

Post by joe817 »

mr1337 wrote:That's awesome. Will the 30.07 site be separate, or will it share the 30.06 site, just with a 30.07 sign category added?
From what I've read it will be a totally separate sign. ;-)
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

joe817 wrote:
mr1337 wrote:That's awesome. Will the 30.07 site be separate, or will it share the 30.06 site, just with a 30.07 sign category added?
I was referring to the website texas3006.com and texas3007.com

I guess I could have just typed it in myself. Right now it just redirects to texas3006.com
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

joe817 wrote:
Unless there is a change in the house, it is a completely new sign that has to be the same size, and in spanish too. That is about 8x4' worth of space i'd guess for both compliant signs.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”