Texas3006 called out in public testimony period?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

joe817
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Texas3006 called out in public testimony period?

Post by joe817 »

TBJK wrote:Sure wish the 30.06 would go away period. The Law of it anyways
PC30.06 will not go away. BUT there's a bill in committee right now, HB308, that will significantly impact where we can/cannot carry, by allowing CHL's to carry in places where we currently cannot.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=HB308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's hung up in State Affairs right now. And has been for some time. To me, and it's only my opinion, it's far more important than the OC bill that's just passed through the Senate on its way to the House(which was delivered yesterday).
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

joe817

Post by joe817 »

mr1337 wrote:I was referring to the website texas3006.com and texas3007.com

I guess I could have just typed it in myself. Right now it just redirects to texas3006.com
Sorry, my bad. :oops: I should have read your post more carefully. :tiphat:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

CJD
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CJD »

joe817 wrote:
It's hung up in State Affairs right now. And has been for some time.
Think you mean Homeland Security & Public Safety ;-)

joe817

Post by joe817 »

CJD wrote:
joe817 wrote:
It's hung up in State Affairs right now. And has been for some time.
Think you mean Homeland Security & Public Safety ;-)
Arrrrgggg! Yes. Homeland Security & Public Safety. Thank you. I'm getting to old for this stuff.
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Russell wrote:
mr1337 wrote:That's awesome. Will the 30.07 site be separate, or will it share the 30.06 site, just with a 30.07 sign category added?

As of right now my gut feeling is it'll stay redirecting to the texas3006.com site and the site will have a new separate sign type for 30.07.
That would be much easier for you vs creating an entirely new site. It would also be much easier for us. That way we could see everything in one place.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jerry_r60 »

Russell wrote:Hi guys,

I noticed a post on another website that said the following:

"One group that was called out specifically in the testimony yesterday was Texas3006.com (IIRC). Took me by surprise -- they said that Texas3006 has been organizing protests and going into businesses to demand they take down their signs? Didn't know anything about that. The legislator that was talking about them seemed disgusted. I don't know if that's actually happening; maybe some of you guys know more about it."

Did anybody catch this during the testimony? I was trying to find transcripts online of what exactly was said but haven't been able to.

I, of course, have not been organizing *anything*. I am pretty certain the anti-gun sheep will make up anything they can that makes them sound good.
I went back and listened on the archive of the session from 3/16. There is a note that they had technical difficulties on that day so only the audio is available. At about 2:38:00 into the audio, during the discussion of Amendment 11, Rodriquez references 3006: "predatory groups like those from 3006.com a group of gun advocates who actively seek out businesses with improper 30.06 signs from imposing themselves on businesses that feel uncomfortable with the presence of guns".

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

TexasCajun wrote:
Russell wrote:
mr1337 wrote:That's awesome. Will the 30.07 site be separate, or will it share the 30.06 site, just with a 30.07 sign category added?

As of right now my gut feeling is it'll stay redirecting to the texas3006.com site and the site will have a new separate sign type for 30.07.
That would be much easier for you vs creating an entirely new site. It would also be much easier for us. That way we could see everything in one place.
Potentially we will need a way to select both 30.06 & 30.07. Since a business could post both.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

Gaidheal
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Gaidheal »

Russell wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:Not too malicious, but at least 3006.com is living, rent free, in his head!
I hope his head is a peaceful place! I'd like to visit one day :roll:

Unfortunately for him though I've already registered texas3007.com so that, if this bill passes, I can continue the legacy of documenting businesses that don't want our money! :tiphat:
Awesome sauce! I regularly review entries for accuracy and check with the site to see if a location is "red" or "blue" when going to meet friends out.

Gaidheal
Banned

Post by Gaidheal »

joe817 wrote:
PC30.06 will not go away. BUT there's a bill in committee right now, HB308, that will significantly impact where we can/cannot carry, by allowing CHL's to carry in places where we currently cannot.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=HB308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's hung up in State Affairs right now. And has been for some time. To me, and it's only my opinion, it's far more important than the OC bill that's just passed through the Senate on its way to the House(which was delivered yesterday).
I very much want open wearing of pistols .... but you're right. That is a much more impactful issue and give the tosspots of OCT and OCTC I am almost, almost okay with losing the open carry legislation this session purely to laugh at them BUT really, I would rather have both, with open wearing of pistols permitted only to licencees for now. That way we have an opportunity to show that idiots who are prohibited from acquiring a CHL by their criminal past and make threats to elected state officials, are nothing to do with law abiding gun owners who desire to carry as they see fit.

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jerry_r60 »

Russell wrote:Thanks for letting me know where he talks about it! It kind of makes me want to email the guy and explain to him the site's intent is not to "play lawyer" regarding signage, but simply be a place where we can have a list of businesses that don't want CHLers to spend their money there.

It would probably fall on deaf ears though.
It might be worth it. Maybe he won't use the site as an example again. Good luck and, I appreciate the site.

cowhow

Post by cowhow »

30.07?? Somebody help me. I thought I was keeping up but looks like I dozed off for a minute. Bring me up to speed. What's 30.07?

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

cowhow wrote:30.07?? Somebody help me. I thought I was keeping up but looks like I dozed off for a minute. Bring me up to speed. What's 30.07?
just what 30.06 is to concealed carry, 30.07 will be for open carry. In order to post visually banning all guns, they'd have to poost both signs...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

cowhow

Post by cowhow »

AHH. Ok, now I get it. Thanks for clearing up my "old timers' moment. As for all the witch hunters I remember when then Gov. Bush signed concealed carry into law gun haters had us returning to gun fights at the OK Coral, which of course didn't happen.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”