Interesting article on Texas Senate

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Interesting article on Texas Senate

Post by Rex B »

"The freshmen, who are pretty far to the right, have not been getting along with the Senate’s senior figures for quite some time. Behind the scenes, the two groups have been sharply, bitingly critical of each other. They’ve clashed publicly over issues like Abbott’s nominations to the University of Texas System Board of Regents, but this is the first time the division has played out so prominently on the floor. And the humiliation of a freshman senator by a senior one will be remembered."

http://www.texasobserver.org/how-senate ... chise-tax/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Interesting article on Texas Senate

Post by C-dub »

Sounds similar to the national folks. Talk about doing something, but when it comes down to it they cave. It's all about the money. Who gets it and how much.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rex B »

As a former business owner I hated the Franchise Tax when they changed it. It used to cost me $125/year. Then they changed it to a tax on sales, without regard to profit. Made a lot of business owners very mad. Now it's an integral part of the tax base, so they can't just toss it.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

Old guard business as usual status quo almost always resents the new up and coming.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”