Shoulder or Belt Holster

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rvrrat14
Posts in topic: 4

Shoulder or Belt Holster

Post by Rvrrat14 »

Is their a true definition in the proposed statutes of these for OC purposes? Thanks!

joelamosobadiah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shoulder or Belt Holster

Post by joelamosobadiah »

Long Discussion on the topic here:

viewtopic.php?f=133&t=76734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

Was asking due to my use of multiple Paddle style holsters and their comfort......

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Short answer, your paddle holster would be a belt holster.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Rvrrat14 wrote:Was asking due to my use of multiple Paddle style holsters and their comfort......
To what is your paddle holster designed to attach? There's your answer.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

My paddle holsters ride on the inside waistband of your pants. There is an indentation for the belt.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Rvrrat14 wrote:My paddle holsters ride on the inside waistband of your pants. There is an indentation for the belt.

There you go. It's designed to hook over the belt. Therefore, it's a belt holster.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

mojo84 wrote:
Rvrrat14 wrote:My paddle holsters ride on the inside waistband of your pants. There is an indentation for the belt.

There you go. It's designed to hook over the belt. Therefore, it's a belt holster.
Just for clarification, do you actually have to be wearing a belt with it? I have some holsters that can be worn both with or without a belt.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

The Wall
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Wall »

I don't have a shoulder holster, and never considered wearing one concealed because I almost never wear a jacket or anything else that would conceal it.
Will be interesting to see how many start using them with open carry. Might want to buy stock in a shoulder holster company. :lol:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

txglock21 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Just for clarification, do you actually have to be wearing a belt with it? I have some holsters that can be worn both with or without a belt.
It doesn't say you have to. When the term "belt holster" is used, it seems to mean a holster designed to be worn with a belt.

I have a Remora as a backup holster for quick short trips when I don't want to mess with my Crossbreed or OWB belt holster. It is designed to be worn so the pressure from the belt and/or slacks keep it in place. I think that would suffice as well. Don't take my word for it though. Make up your own mind.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

txglock21 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
I wear my paddle holster with a belt for two reasons. 1) My 3 pound pistol pulls my pants down without a belt. 2) I need a place to hang my cell phone and extra mag.

But even if I were not wearing a belt, the nature of the holster would not change. It is still a belt holster. YMMV.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

I mostly wear my paddles (ccw) without a belt, like with cargo shorts, warm-ups, jeans, etc. I take it is should be good to go as a belt holster from what's been said. I will continue to ccw, but like the freedom of OC, should my Columbia fishing shirt ride up on occassion.

THANKS EVERYONE!

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

It seems to me it would be a good idea to not try to push any boundaries. I don't know about you but I have no desire to be a test case. At least for the first year or two until things normalize, it seems that it would be prudent for a belt holster to be attached / retained in some way to your waist with a belt. Not with a belt around your arm or around your passenger seat or some other imaginative place. I'm not taking about what's technically legal but more what is most likely to avoid problems that might interrupt my day or cost me money.

CJD

Post by CJD »

jerry_r60 wrote:It seems to me it would be a good idea to not try to push any boundaries. I don't know about you but I have no desire to be a test case. At least for the first year or two until things normalize, it seems that it would be prudent for a belt holster to be attached / retained in some way to your waist with a belt. Not with a belt around your arm or around your passenger seat or some other imaginative place. I'm not taking about what's technically legal but more what is most likely to avoid problems that might interrupt my day or cost me money.
If we want open carry in a vehicle to be however we please, then support HB1509 (among other things, vehicle open carry).

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... ill=HB1509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This bill strikes from 46.02 (a-1):
(1)the handgun is in plain view; or

amtank

Post by amtank »

I spoke with Four Price's office about 1509 this morning in fact asking for calenders to put it on the calender.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”