Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shoulder or Belt Holster

Post by Rrash »

I'm not sure which one looks coolest.

rogersinsel

Post by rogersinsel »

Rrash wrote:I'm not sure which one looks coolest.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

BB of course.

The Wall
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Wall »

Is that a Beretta 96?

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

I've got a Doc Holiday rig that I use while mounted. Guess I'll have to wear that out one time.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

I wouldn't mind a shoulder holster but really think they need to be vertical not horizontal. In a holster or not, do you want the muzzle pointed at you or somebody else? I'm for carrying however you want but I will pedominetly carry concealed. I see me open carrying if I have to stop some where between work and home and take the pistol out of the concole and put on my belt as I can't carry at work. I will not try to put an IWB holster on in the car or parking lot. It will still be partially concealed as I might tuck my shirt in once a year.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

I like my Galco Lite shoulder rig for the S&W 60. I wear it mainly when traveling (driving).
Soon I can leave the jacket on the seat.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

mulfjohn

Post by mulfjohn »

Never have tried a shoulder holster due to the fear of gun exposure. Have heard it is more comfortable than iwb. When oc becomes law, I may try it. Any shoulder holster wearers agree.

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

Then how about this for a shoulder holster?

“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I encountered an LEO with a belt holster so canted forward as to be sweeping folks behind him.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

mulfjohn wrote:Never have tried a shoulder holster due to the fear of gun exposure. Have heard it is more comfortable than iwb. When oc becomes law, I may try it. Any shoulder holster wearers agree.
I would probably like it more if I didn't have to wear a cover shirt over mine. That said it is really comfortable. More comfortable than keeping the full sized handgun and two magazines on my hips.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

jason812 wrote:I wouldn't mind a shoulder holster but really think they need to be vertical not horizontal. In a holster or not, do you want the muzzle pointed at you or somebody else? I'm for carrying however you want but I will pedominetly carry concealed. I see me open carrying if I have to stop some where between work and home and take the pistol out of the concole and put on my belt as I can't carry at work. I will not try to put an IWB holster on in the car or parking lot. It will still be partially concealed as I might tuck my shirt in once a year.
I've had the same concern. I'm not sure I would want to stand behind someone and have a muzzle aiming at me even though it is securely holstered. At the same time I have some holsters that keep the muzzle tilted back far enough that when I bend over slightly just about everyone is getting flagged (they don't know it though). I have no issue with the shoulder holster and a cover garment since no one knows what is facing them. I keep thinking about getting one of those WWII/Vietnam era leather rigs that keeps the gun near your chest or rib cage.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

XinTX wrote:

[ Image ]
If I wanted to out derp certain trouble makers I could get a belt holster for a mares leg and carry mine, but no.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

G.A. Heath wrote:
XinTX wrote:

[ Image ]
If I wanted to out derp certain trouble makers I could get a belt holster for a mares leg and carry mine, but no.
I think that photo is of a belt holster that's just carried on his shoulder.

But the only time I could think carrying a Mare's Leg would be if you're going to one of those "cowboy dress-up party" shoots. And I guess I should have turned on the [sarcasm] font on my earlier. But what do you expect from a chimp with a gun?
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”