Campus Carry Holdup

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Campus Carry Holdup

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I am truly losing faith in campus carry passing in this legislature. There's only a month left and I am afraid campus carry and open carry will get lost in the craziness of the last third of the session. I sincerely hope I am wrong.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

If Strauss is no friend to Campus Carry or reducing the off limit areas and Turner is no better of an option, what are the alternatives? What does Strauss get us that someone else wouldn't?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RHenriksen »

RHenriksen wrote:My girlfriend recently took her CHL class, and is waiting for DPS to process her application. She has another six months of classes at UH Central - we have both been crossing our fingers to see campus carry passed. :grumble
And... ironically, her plastic showed up *today* in the mail! I hope she doesn't wind up like me, leaving the pistol at home each & every day because one of the most dangerous places she goes on a regular basis doesn't permit her to carry it.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

RHenriksen wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:My girlfriend recently took her CHL class, and is waiting for DPS to process her application. She has another six months of classes at UH Central - we have both been crossing our fingers to see campus carry passed. :grumble
And... ironically, her plastic showed up *today* in the mail! I hope she doesn't wind up like me, leaving the pistol at home each & every day because one of the most dangerous places she goes on a regular basis doesn't permit her to carry it.
Unfortunately, I think they have delayed implementation of OC until 1.1.16, so if there were a miracle and Campus Carry passed, its implementation would also probably be postponed until 1.1.16. At best it would be 9.1.15.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

C-dub wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:
Unfortunately, I think they have delayed implementation of OC until 1.1.16, so if there were a miracle and Campus Carry passed, its implementation would also probably be postponed until 1.1.16. At best it would be 9.1.15.
No, I don't believe the Senate made any amendments to change the implementation of campus carry to a date other than 9/1. They *did* specifically amend the OC bill to 1/1/16.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Bladed
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bladed »

RHenriksen wrote:
Does she drive to campus? If so, she could keep the gun in her car. I would advise installing some sort of locking case under one of the seats or in the trunk.

mulfjohn
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mulfjohn »

PLEASE NO DEMS IN PLACE OF REPUBLICANS. That is 2 steps backwards and would mean new laws to remove chl rights. Not a good thing.

jmra

Post by jmra »

mulfjohn wrote:PLEASE NO DEMS IN PLACE OF REPUBLICANS. That is 2 steps backwards and would mean new laws to remove chl rights. Not a good thing.
:iagree: I've never understood that thought process.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

mulfjohn wrote:PLEASE NO DEMS IN PLACE OF REPUBLICANS. That is 2 steps backwards and would mean new laws to remove chl rights. Not a good thing.
Agree. But why not try to recruit a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' to run as the next Dem to oppose Strauss? After winning he could take off the cloak and "convert". Apparently Strauss district is sufficiently purple as to potentially allow a right-leaning Dem to have a shot. And he could hammer Strauss on how he held up property tax reform due to his own ego. To me, the property tax reform is just as important as any of the 2A bills.

But if we want ANY shot at removing Strauss, we need to start trying to ID a viable candidate NOW. Not a year from now.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

v7a
Banned

Post by v7a »

Apparently there was an anti-campus carry event at the capitol today.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 8

Post by NotRPB »

v7a wrote:Apparently there was an anti-campus carry event at the capitol today.
Correct
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/289798 ... te-capitol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

NotRPB wrote:
Correct
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/289798 ... te-capitol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They amaze me. School shootings specifically show how criminals ignore gun free zones such as college campuses. I have no brain cells in my head that can put 2 and 2 together where victims of that kind of event would protest this bill. Maybe I'm just missing something...

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 8

Post by NotRPB »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
NotRPB wrote:
Correct
They amaze me. School shootings specifically show how criminals ignore gun free zones such as college campuses. I have no brain cells in my head that can put 2 and 2 together where victims of that kind of event would protest this bill. Maybe I'm just missing something...
:biggrinjester: I know right?
It's like
"We survived being shot where guns were not allowed; Please don't allow them in your State too so..."

Insanity, doing the same thing the same way expecting different results.

#GarlandShooting could have been like > Beslan school as if ISIS does not know where to go next time > when GunFree Zones exist...
https://twitter.com/search?q=Beslan%20school&src=typd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

I wonder how many at UT know how many registered sex offenders there are just east of the college?

The google tab on this map pinpoints their addresses
http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Austin-Texas.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

these guys are just on the west and north side of UT campus
https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/SexOf ... DN=4612924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/SexOf ... DN=6166034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/SexOf ... DN=6600652" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Pay no attention to logic. :waiting:

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”