House Floor Session Today, 13 May 2015

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
K5GU
Posts in topic: 4

House Floor Session Today, 13 May 2015

Post by K5GU »

A couple of CHL related bills are on today's House calendar.

3rd Reading
HB 2739 "..CHL as proof of ID.."

2nd Reading
HB 226 "..30.06 Signs on Govt. Entities.." (Companion bill SB273)
HB 2359 "..Bulk Requests for list of CHL holders.."
HB 2269 "..Unlawful Seizure of Firearms.." (Companion bill SB229)
Life is good.

joe817

Re: House Floor Session Today, 13 May 2015

Post by joe817 »

As often the case, K5GU, you beat me on posting these bills! :totap: :lol: Good job! :cheers2:

Should be an interesting day.

There are a few other bills up for discussion/consideration today, that may be(or may NOT be) of interest to us, but are gun/outdoor sport related:

HB 215 - waiving the fee for a fishing license for residents of this state who are at least 65 years of age.
HB 284 - Relating to the handgun proficiency required to obtain or renew a concealed handgun license.

HB 2739 - use of a concealed handgun license as valid proof of personal identification.
HB 2999 - Relating to restrictive covenants regarding firearms or firearms ammunition.
HB 278 - authorizing certain attorneys representing the state to openly carry a handgun
HB 2241 - carrying of concealed handguns by certain county officers and employees in a courthouse.
HB 917 - Relating to school marshals for private schools, notifying a parent or guardian whether an employee of a public or private school is appointed school marshal, and the confidentiality of information submitted to or collected by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement in connection with a certification for appointment as school marshal.

Now whether these bills even make it for discussion is anybody's guess. But it's on the House Calendar for today.
Last edited by joe817 on Wed May 13, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

I'm getting sick of bills such as these for special citizens.
HB 278 - authorizing certain attorneys representing the state to openly carry a handgun
HB 2241 - carrying of concealed handguns by certain county officers and employees in a courthouse.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
K5GU

Post by K5GU »

joe817 wrote:As often the case, K5GU, you beat me on posting these bills! :totap: :lol: Good job! :cheers2:

There are a few other bills up for discussion/consideration today, that may be(or may NOT be) of interest to us, but are gun/outdoor sport related:

HB 215 - waiving the fee for a fishing license for residents of this state who are at least 65 years of age.
HB 284 - Relating to the handgun proficiency required to obtain or renew a concealed handgun license.

HB 2999 - Relating to restrictive covenants regarding firearms or firearms ammunition.
HB 917 - Relating to school marshals for private schools, notifying a parent or guardian whether an employee of a public or private school is appointed school marshal, and the confidentiality of information submitted to or collected by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement in connection with a certification for appointment as school marshal.

Now whether these bills even make it for discussion is anybody's guess. But it's on the House Calendar for today.
Thanks. I hope they clear their calendar today. The House floor right now is almost ready to go to their calendars, after 1 hour plus discussing resolutions, introductions, etc. I like HB 2999. Maybe Charles can enlighten, but I don't see any references to penalties or offenses in that chapter of the Property Code, so I'm not sure how it would be enforced.
Life is good.

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXBO »

mojo84 wrote:I'm getting sick of bills such as these for special citizens.
Couldn't agree with you more.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

I agree! But what really caught my attention is what's highlighted in bold above.
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

safety1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by safety1 »

joe817 wrote:
I agree! But what really caught my attention is what's highlighted in bold above.
Good for them, should be good for us!
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

Topic author
K5GU

Post by K5GU »

joe817 wrote:
I was surprised HB278 made it out of committee. It's up for 2nd reading, so I think there may be some interesting floor debate. Also in that section of PE 46.035 there are two (h-1) subsections, the 2nd one takes precedence but I'm surprised they're leaving in the old (h-1). :headscratch
Life is good.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

K5GU wrote:
joe817 wrote:As often the case, K5GU, you beat me on posting these bills! :totap: :lol: Good job! :cheers2:

Thanks. I hope they clear their calendar today. The House floor right now is almost ready to go to their calendars, after 1 hour plus discussing resolutions, introductions, etc. I like HB 2999. Maybe Charles can enlighten, but I don't see any references to penalties or offenses in that chapter of the Property Code, so I'm not sure how it would be enforced.
Enforcement of HB2999 would be by a lawsuit. If the HOA tried to enforce prohibited regulations, then the HOA would not prevail and the court would likely award defendant's attorney fees and costs. A homeowner could also file a declaratory judgment suit against the HOA and if they prevail, the court would be required to award their attorney fees and court costs.

Chas.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Stickland (no r) is at it again. Re: HB 2346. Muddying the water's and getting into a floor argument with the Rep. Pickett.
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
K5GU

Post by K5GU »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
K5GU wrote:

Enforcement of HB2999 would be by a lawsuit. If the HOA tried to enforce prohibited regulations, then the HOA would not prevail and the court would likely award defendant's attorney fees and costs. A homeowner could also file a declaratory judgment suit against the HOA and if they prevail, the court would be required to award their attorney fees and court costs.

Chas.
Thank you!
Life is good.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

HB 2739 - the use of a concealed handgun license as valid proof of personal identification passed! :cheers2:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

joe817 wrote:Stickland (no r) is at it again. Re: HB 2346. Muddying the water's and getting into a floor argument with the Rep. Pickett.
Both of them acted like children. Sadly, Stickland had a reasonable objection to the Bill, at least as to its scope, but his reputation has destroyed his credibility.

Chas.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

Important question here, where do they come up with the fast talking speed readers? My old mind just doesn't work that fast and my west Texas roots prevent me from talking that fast. :headscratch :lol:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

safety1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by safety1 »

joe817 wrote:HB 2739 - the use of a concealed handgun license as valid proof of personal identification passed! :cheers2:
I'm saving :cheers2: for other CHL related bills :lol::
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”