Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Campus Carry -- Where Are We Now?

Post by TXBO »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
TXBO wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:I'm really hoping the quiet that I am hearing here means that SB11 is going to make it onto a calendar today. I would be really disappointed if all we get this session is the ability to wear OWB without a jacket...
I think the most important change is the reduction of penalty to 30:06 don't forget that.
Did that make it into 910 or is it on its own bill? For some reason I thought that hadn't made it yet. I've been a bit overwhelmed by the legislature for the last few days...
Yes, it's in. It's a house amendment to 910 as presented to Senate.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 45

Post by NotRPB »

reduction of penalty to 30:06 was amendment in house not removed by senate, so it's there

CJD
Posts in topic: 12

Post by CJD »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:I'm really hoping the quiet that I am hearing here means that SB11 is going to make it onto a calendar today. I would be really disappointed if all we get this session is the ability to wear OWB without a jacket...
Assuming we even get that..

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Good deal! Thanks for straightening that out for me.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

The Bloomberg lemmings are blowing up Twitter right now. Maybe expecting a vote today?

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

TXBO wrote:The Bloomberg lemmings are blowing up Twitter right now. Maybe expecting a vote today?
We mortal individuals are fighting technology
choose a pre-written message (what they laughingly refer to as a “gun fact”), and then have the website auto-tweet
from
"Debunking Moms Demand Action’s Twitter “Facts”"
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/1 ... ter-facts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've gone from zero to almost 10,700 REAL follower PEOPLE in 6 years of Legislature following, Went to high school with both Gary Elkins and John Zerwas (and John's Wife Cindy, (deceased))
Went to church with Gary, and visited his house, John was in my Gym class ... (my locker was next to Dennis Quaid’s) Lived down the street from John Cornyn in Austin a while, My boss, the lawyers daughter lived next door to him in condo. I'm retired from a law firm and a company in Redmond run by Bill Gates, but even I cannot fight "auto-tweet" bots as well as I'd like, I'm jus a person, a real one..
Last edited by NotRPB on Sun May 24, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bladed
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Bladed »

NotRPB wrote:Delivery to the following recipients failed.

jose.lozano@house.state.tx.us
It went through for me, but the Texas Directory says it's supposed to be jm.lozano@house.state.tx.us, so maybe it's listed wrong in the Facebook post.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Bladed wrote:
NotRPB wrote:Delivery to the following recipients failed.

jose.lozano@house.state.tx.us
It went through for me, but the Texas Directory says it's supposed to be jm.lozano@house.state.tx.us, so maybe it's listed wrong in the Facebook post.
Thanks, I'll re-send..
Thank you muchly ... it went :thumbs2:

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

thunderclap has an anti-campus carry autotweet web page ;ike momsdemand's too, I'll not post the link here for the antis to see

We really need to set something up technologically to autotweet if that's what it is going to take to get equal voice while they pretend to me a majority, but are not

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 17

Post by v7a »

Emailed.

Thomas Hagemeier

Post by Thomas Hagemeier »

Are some of you insinuating campus carry was added to the HB 910 bill? I heard it was not.
Believer in God, happily married,
Love dogs, patriot, Lifetime NRA,
And Keyboard Rambo

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

it was not

see https://www.ltgov.state.tx.us/2015/05/2 ... arry-bill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"While the Senate considered attaching ‘campus carry’ to this bill, Speaker Joe Straus has assured the Texas Senate that the House will approve a ‘campus carry’ bill in time to be approved by the Senate and sent to the Governor to become law before time runs out on the 84th Legislative Session,” concluded Patrick

Bladed

Post by Bladed »

Xikar wrote:Are some of you insinuating campus carry was added to the HB 910 bill? I heard it was not.
No, they're talking about the reduction in penalty for violating a 30.06 sign. We're still waiting for news on campus carry.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

seeing a lot of "we only have 6 hours" tweets
from the "scared of seeing or thinking about anything that looks like a gun or even a a pizza slice shaped like one" who prefer ISIS sympathizers walking through schools and thinking bulletproof cell phones protect them... tweets from that group

smh

Bladed

Post by Bladed »

NotRPB wrote:seeing a lot of "we only have 6 hours" tweets
from the "scared of seeing or thinking about anything that looks like a gun or even a a pizza slice shaped like one" who prefer ISIS sympathizers walking through schools and thinking bulletproof cell phones protect them... tweets from that group

smh
Either there is a deal or there isn't. If there isn't a deal, campus carry has been dead since Senator Birdwell announce he wouldn't try to attach it to open carry. If there is a deal, the wheels are already in motion, and neither the actions of the anti-campus carry crowd nor the impending deadline are likely to change that.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”