Poll

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

What will happen with HB910 now??

Poll ended at Fri May 29, 2015 9:30 pm

Concurred by the House, sent to the governor and signed into law.
93%
NOT concurred by the House, sent to conference committee.
7%
Concurred by the House, sent to the governor and vetoed.
No votes

Total votes: 59

Topic author
safety1
Posts in topic: 12

Poll

Post by safety1 »

What happens to HB910 now?
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Poll

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I'm not going to jinx anything.... I'll be present not voting for now.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
safety1

Post by safety1 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:I'm not going to jinx anything.... I'll be present not voting for now.
:thumbs2:
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TXBO »

It won't go to conference unless Abbott asked them to change something. He's going to sign an open carry bill.

Topic author
safety1

Post by safety1 »

TXBO wrote:It won't go to conference unless Abbott asked them to change something. He's going to sign an open carry bill.
If it does, we stand a real chance of time running out or a filibuster.
I hope it all works out.
NRA - Life Member

FormerTSgt

Post by FormerTSgt »

safety1 wrote:
TXBO wrote:It won't go to conference unless Abbott asked them to change something. He's going to sign an open carry bill.
I hope it all works out.
This is my fear. I'm worried they made this minor change specifically so it would have to go back to the House so they could either run the clock out or set it up for a filibuster and still try to tell people, "well we tried but it wasn't our fault, blah, blah, blah." Sadly, many people would believe it, too.
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

Thomas Hagemeier
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Thomas Hagemeier »

FormerTSgt wrote:
safety1 wrote:
I hope it all works out.
This is my fear. I'm worried they made this minor change specifically so it would have to go back to the House so they could either run the clock out or set it up for a filibuster and still try to tell people, "well we tried but it wasn't our fault, blah, blah, blah." Sadly, many people would believe it, too.

This is a very real possibility and I fear it may be the case. This could have been knocked out of the park long ago and not even be an issue but between "clerical errors", amendment arguments and everything, it is too convenient that time may run out before they can be held accountable for voting it down.

Be forewarned the less worldly among us consider this an outlandish conspiracy theory and some have gone so far as to say "weird things like that don't happen in politics" (paraphrased).
Believer in God, happily married,
Love dogs, patriot, Lifetime NRA,
And Keyboard Rambo

Topic author
safety1

Post by safety1 »

FormerTSgt wrote:
safety1 wrote:
I hope it all works out.
I'm afraid that will not be acceptable this time around.
NRA - Life Member

Thomas Hagemeier

safety1 wrote:
FormerTSgt wrote:
safety1 wrote:
I hope it all works out.
I'm afraid that will not be acceptable this time around.
Oh we will be angry and outraged but it will still be just as real.

Fast and Furious was horrific, and happened.

Last week of the legislative session and it's still an issue? Something smells.
And Keyboard Rambo

arthurcw

Post by arthurcw »

My crystal ball is busted. It didn't give either OC or CC this much of a chance at the start of the session so I'm not guessing. I just hope one or the other passes so we can head off the impending "#txleg-truther" implosion among the OCT, et al... crowd.

... ok, a WORST implosion. Since there isn't a bill to authorize Texas to repeal NFA '34 withing the borders of the state, they won't be happy.*

*yes... I was exaggerating. ...I think. ...I hope.

bones281

Post by bones281 »

Quick question here, what would be wrong with sending emails and making phone calls to members of the house regarding HB910 and asking them to vote in favor of it as it is written?

Topic author
safety1

Post by safety1 »

bones281 wrote:Quick question here, what would be wrong with sending emails and making phone calls to members of the house regarding HB910 and asking them to vote in favor of it as it is written?
You can do that, its a free country...to some extent!
NRA - Life Member

Thomas Hagemeier

bones281 wrote:Quick question here, what would be wrong with sending emails and making phone calls to members of the house regarding HB910 and asking them to vote in favor of it as it is written?
Do it! Others have.
And Keyboard Rambo

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

There are 80something authors & coauthors to hB910. I don't want to jinx, but I would be shocked to see it die at this point. I think it will quickly make it to Gov's desk.

Topic author
safety1

Post by safety1 »

Rrash wrote:There are 80something authors & coauthors to hB910. I don't want to jinx, but I would be shocked to see it die at this point. I think it will quickly make it to Gov's desk.
:thumbs2:
NRA - Life Member

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”