Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Re: HB 910 Conference Committee

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Stripes Dude wrote:
LSUTiger wrote:Will HB910 pass?

http://www.ask8ball.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got 2 most likely's, 1 ask again later and 1 outlook good.
That is significantly more credible than any source I've seen yet!!!
I got a "doubtful" the first time, a "Reply hazy, try again" the 2nd time, and a "most likely" the third time. I don't trust that guy. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

juno106
Posts in topic: 9

Post by juno106 »

...or

Huffman could have left in the Dutton amendment, there would have been no need for the Huffines amendment, and HB910 would have gone straight to the Gov instead of House concurrence.

Hate seeing Huffines being blamed for Huffman's blunder...

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Callaway wrote:Not sure if credible...

Chuck Lindell ‏@chucklindell 2m2 minutes ago
Sen. @DonHuffines says he is disappointed his police-stop amendment got cut but, "I'm going to go along with the will of the body." #txlege
The feckless idiot could have gone along with the will of the body and pulled his amendment down while Huffman was cleaning his plow.......but he didn't. All of this lays squarely at his feet.
Last edited by juno106 on Thu May 28, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmra
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jmra »

juno106 wrote:...or

Huffman could have left in the Dutton amendment, there would have been no need for the Huffines amendment, and HB910 would have gone straight to the Gov instead of House concurrence.

And it may have well suffered the same fate it did in the house.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 16

Post by mojo84 »

DMN Politics ‏@DMNPolitics 2m2 minutes ago
Open carry's passage seems likely, after key lawmakers strip amendment opposed by police | @tombenning http://share.d-news.co/OHY1TUS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #txlege
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

juno106

Post by juno106 »

it WOULDN'T have gone to the House ! it WOULD have gone to the Governor.

So, your point is?
jmra wrote:

And it may have well suffered the same fate it did in the house.

Tracker
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Tracker »

Huffman couldn't remove Dutton on her own. hmm :drool: since were into speculating I wonder if Huffines voted to remove Dutton :leaving

jmra

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:
Open carry's passage seems likely, after key lawmakers strip amendment opposed by police | @tombenning http://share.d-news.co/OHY1TUS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #txlege
Man this has been a roller coaster ride!
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 16

Post by mojo84 »

jmra wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Yes sir, it sure has. I'm pretty much numb about it now. Won't get too up or down until the session ends or the Governor signs it.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:
jmra wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Yes sir, it sure has. I'm pretty much numb about it now. Won't get too up or down until the session ends or the Governor signs it.
:iagree:
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Ruark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Ruark »

If I'm understanding it correctly, it's dead meat. It will never survive the filibusters. Tell me I'm wrong.
-Ruark

NorthTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by NorthTexas »

Charles has suggested multiple times that Huffman stripped the Dutton amendment in committee because, due to LEO opposition that materialized after the House vote, there would be strong opposition to open carry with the Dutton amendment in the Senate and it might not get enough votes. Also, while it has not been stated directly, it has been suggested that the "deal" reached between Straus and Patrick called for passing HB 910 in the Senate, without the Dutton amendment, so that it could go to a conference committee, where the House would concur (since they were now aware of the LEO concerns). Huffines interfered with this in an attempt to burnish his political credentials for a future Congressional run.
NRA Life Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

Ruark wrote:If I'm understanding it correctly, it's dead meat. It will never survive the filibusters. Tell me I'm wrong.
This session has been very unpredictable
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

NorthTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by NorthTexas »

Ruark wrote:If I'm understanding it correctly, it's dead meat. It will never survive the filibusters. Tell me I'm wrong.
It ain't over till it's over. I'm impressed with the progress today (in stark contrast to the rest of the session) - they do seem determined to get something passed, now that we're down to the wire. It could be voted on tomorrow. We'll have to see...
NRA Life Member

shootnfish
Posts in topic: 1

Post by shootnfish »

It depends on how soon it comes up for a vote. In the Senate, with the current rules, long filibusters are very difficult. There is no eating, drinking, going to the bathroom, sitting or even leaning on anything for the duration.

viking1000

Post by viking1000 »

Will be interesting to see the committee vote was.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”