OPEN CARRY COUNTDOWN-

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
big454
Posts in topic: 39

Re: OPEN CARRY COUNTDOWN-

Post by big454 »

182 days left
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Vol Texan »

I, for one, am more excited about this countdown thread than I am about carrying openly on 1 Jan.

Finally...I think we'll find a thread that will exceed the length of the original Trayvon Martin / George Zimmerman post. Keep the replies coming guys and gals! We might just do it!

"rlol"
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 1

Post by canvasbck »

Vol Texan wrote:I, for one, am more excited about this countdown thread than I am about carrying openly on 1 Jan.

Finally...I think we'll find a thread that will exceed the length of the original Trayvon Martin / George Zimmerman post. Keep the replies coming guys and gals! We might just do it!

"rlol"
No way does this pass the Zimmerman thread.

But..........if it does, I just did my part. :biggrinjester:
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

jmra
Posts in topic: 13

Post by jmra »

canvasbck wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:I, for one, am more excited about this countdown thread than I am about carrying openly on 1 Jan.

"rlol"

Me too
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

canvasbck wrote:

"rlol"

True...this thread has a (theoretical) expiration date of New Year's Day 2016. Zimmerman is the gift that keeps on giving.

Oh look, I did my part again as well.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

thelurker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thelurker »

TSRA Life Member/NRA Endowment Member/Veteran

Topic author
big454

Post by big454 »

As a newbie I am just trying to get my post count up! :read: Ok and I am excited for open carry to arrive. More for being able to conceal carry with just a regular T shirt over the weapon. :mrgreen:
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

jmra
Posts in topic: 13

Post by jmra »

big454 wrote:As a newbie I am just trying to get my post count up! :read: Ok and I am excited for open carry to arrive. More for being able to conceal carry with just a regular T shirt over the weapon. :mrgreen:
I pretty much do that now. With a single stack, the right holster, and a good gun belt I can throw on a t-shirt and no one knows I'm carrying.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

jmra wrote:
big454 wrote:As a newbie I am just trying to get my post count up! :read: Ok and I am excited for open carry to arrive. More for being able to conceal carry with just a regular T shirt over the weapon. :mrgreen:
I pretty much do that now. With a single stack, the right holster, and a good gun belt I can throw on a t-shirt and no one knows I'm carrying.
Yup, me too. I've been carrying for 6 years that way, and not even a glance in my direction.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

joe817 wrote:
jmra wrote:
Yup, me too. I've been carrying for 6 years that way, and not even a glance in my direction.

Yep. T-shirt over my double-stack, full-size SP2022 works just fine. I've been doing it for years now.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ruark »

What kind of holster do you use for that 2022? I love my 2022, but it just seems too big and heavy to carry. With a cheap nylon holster and a stiff duty belt, it still sticks through a t-shirt like everything.
-Ruark

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

Ruark wrote:What kind of holster do you use for that 2022? I love my 2022, but it just seems too big and heavy to carry. With a cheap nylon holster and a stiff duty belt, it still sticks through a t-shirt like everything.
Many holster made for a Springfield will fit the 2022. I had a level 2 blackhalk from Academy sports when I had my 2022
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Ruark wrote:What kind of holster do you use for that 2022? I love my 2022, but it just seems too big and heavy to carry. With a cheap nylon holster and a stiff duty belt, it still sticks through a t-shirt like everything.
Most days I use a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster. I use the Velcro clips on a Comp-tac belt that I ordered with Velcro attached already. After a brief time of wearing it, the Velcro clips meld so tightly with the belt that it becomes rock-solid.

True, this can be a heavy and big gun, but I made it even worse. I used to carry it with a +2 mag in the gun (17+1), and a standard spare 15 round mag in my weak side back pocket inside a Remora mag holder. But I found out that the standard SigSauer mags had a few rough corners on them, and I started getting a hold worn in my pockets to to it. I've not switched the much smoother 17 round mag as a spare in my pocket, and the standard one in the gun (15+1). But...with the 17+1 rounds on a 2022, the Crossbreed always performed well.

Sometimes (e.g. quick trips to the market or a quick trip to pick up my daughter) I use a Remora 'sticky' holster with reinforced Kydex top. It holds just fine as well, but nowhere nearly as well as the Crossbreed.

Topic author
big454

Post by big454 »

179 days to go :thumbs2:

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”