NAU Campus gun free zone Shooting Oct 9 2015

Post reports of crimes on campus in this forum. This is a temporary forum and posts will be transferred to the Crime Blotter at the close of the 2015 Texas Legislative Session.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

NAU Campus gun free zone Shooting Oct 9 2015

Post by NotRPB »

Police Chief Walt Miller stated that ... “I am encouraged that schools and universities will be kept as a 'gun-free zone,'” March 13, 2014
http://azdailysun.com/news/local/state- ... f887a.html

Criminal Kills One, Injures Three At North Arizona University

Posted by Bob Owens on October 9, 2015 at 7:39 am

http://bearingarms.com/criminal-kills-o ... niversity/

Google News > NAU Flagstaff shooting
https://www.google.com/search?q=NAU+Fla ... f+shooting

Weapons Policy
http://nau.edu/Police/Policies/Weapons/
NAU
Police
Weapons

Weapons Policy

Definition of a weapon
Arizona Board of Regents Policy 5-308 defines a weapon as follows:

“Weapon” refers to any object or substance designed to (or which could be reasonably expected to) inflict a wound, cause injury, incapacitate, or cause death, including, without limitation, all firearms (loaded and unloaded, simulated and real), devices designed to expel a projectile (such as bb guns, air guns, pellet guns, and potato guns), electronic control devices such as tasers or stun guns, swords, knives with blades of 5 inches or longer, martial arts weapons, bows and arrows, and chemicals such as mace, tear gas, or oleoresin capsicum, but excluding normally available over-the-counter self defense chemical repellents.

Prohibited acts concerning weapons
Use, possession, display, or storage of any weapon, dangerous instrument, explosive material or device, fireworks, bomb-making materials or dangerous chemical on university property, at a university sponsored activity or in violation of law or university policy, is not permitted unless one of the following exceptions apply:

The person is transporting or storing a lawfully possessed firearm within a motor vehicle. If the vehicle is unattended, the firearm must be either within a locked compartment or within a locked vehicle. The firearm must also be stored out of plain sight. The university may require those choosing to store firearms within their vehicles to park in designated areas.
The person is authorized to carry weapons by Arizona or federal statutes concerning law enforcement officers.
The person is authorized in writing by university officials with the authority to grant permission to possess weapons for academic or other legitimate university business.

Non-compliance will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, arrest.
Additional information
Per A.R.S. §13-3102.A.1.b, a person contacted by law enforcement is required to inform the law enforcement officer if they are carrying a concealed weapon, and the officer asks if they are armed. This violation is a class 1 misdemeanor.
Last edited by NotRPB on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

Charlies.Contingency

Re: NAU Campus gun free zone Shooting Oct 9 2015

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

So... there was a shooting "outside" the university at 1:30am? Something sounds odd there. :???:
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Sounds like mating rituals gone awry.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Ill bet you $20 this is a frat house fight gone bad.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I know people need the news but in my mind I see copycat. News reports the flavor of the day, no matter if its racial, shootings or whatever. Some lame brain unbalanced person copies what they see.

Return to “Crimes on Campus”