NC: Homeowners hold burglar at gunpoint

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

NC: Homeowners hold burglar at gunpoint

Post by ELB »

North Carolina again. Man, those people like to capture burglars:

Iredell homeowner fires shot, holds suspect at gunpoint after break-in
According to Sheriff Darren Campbell, the property owners came home and saw Morgan driving a truck from the back of their home.

The suspect told the homeowners that he was working on the house and had gotten a job off Craiglist.

The homeowner told Morgan that he lived at the home and told the suspect to stop the truck, but deputies said Morgan continued to drive slowly toward the homeowner.

Deputies said the homeowner shot at Morgan once and hit his truck's right rear tire.
This was at 11pm, btw. Perp was charged with a lot of felonies.
"The suspect in this incident is lucky we are not investigating another outcome to this case," said Campbell. "This should be a warning to those who want to make victims out of our homeowners, which could be a deadly choice for would-be criminals".
Same sheriff in previous NC post with a similar quote.
USAF 1982-2005

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NC: Homeowners hold burglar at gunpoint

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Are we supposed to respond here, or in your first thread? https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=97809

:mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:13 pm Are we supposed to respond here, or in your first thread? https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=97809

Here, there, where ever you like! This is the last one for awhile (although there are some other NC captures) but I have to go paint a mailbox while there is Sun light to be had.
USAF 1982-2005

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ELB wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:17 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:13 pm Are we supposed to respond here, or in your first thread? https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=97809

Here, there, where ever you like! This is the last one for awhile (although there are some other NC captures) but I have to go paint a mailbox while there is Sun light to be had.
Heh, heh. My bad. I just realized that it’s two different stories. I thought at first that you’d double posted. :oops:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:08 pm
ELB wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:17 pm

Heh, heh. My bad. I just realized that it’s two different stories. I thought at first that you’d double posted. :oops:
Heh. I had to go check to make sure I didn’t double post. :)
Last edited by ELB on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ed4032 »

Hey gun control works. Although I don't belive in warning shots. Shooting at a tire is a good way to hit yourself.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”