NV: Las Vegas gun owner recalls deadly shootout: 'I got all of my hits'

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7495
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

NV: Las Vegas gun owner recalls deadly shootout: 'I got all of my hits'

#1

Post by ELB » Thu May 21, 2020 10:22 am

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-gu ... of-my-hits

DA: Fatal shooting in parking lot was ‘clear case of self-defense’

Man, walking with his brother, thwarted earlier in day while attempting to purchase a gun at a gun store threw rocks at the gun store windows after hours, then encountered a boyfriend and girlfriend in an a fast food parking lot. The man drew a handgun and walked towards the couple with gun pointed at girlfriend, "smiling." Boyfriend, with license to carry, drew his handgun and fired 10 (per first article) or 11 (per second article) shots, says he put 9 in torso and one in "central nervous system"). Man also fired several rounds and according to the surviving brother, fired first.

Brother was unharmed, took off, later captured charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Brother told police "the white male [boyfriend] shot in self-defense and should not be charged,” which is an interesting twist.

Boyfriend and girlfriend left scene, driving to boyfriend's father's house, and called an attorney, who contacted police.

Read both articles, there are a lot more details.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 995
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: NV: Las Vegas gun owner recalls deadly shootout: 'I got all of my hits'

#2

Post by Grayling813 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:42 am

ELB wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:22 am
https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-gu ... of-my-hits

DA: Fatal shooting in parking lot was ‘clear case of self-defense’

Man, walking with his brother, thwarted earlier in day while attempting to purchase a gun at a gun store threw rocks at the gun store windows after hours, then encountered a boyfriend and girlfriend in an a fast food parking lot. The man drew a handgun and walked towards the couple with gun pointed at girlfriend, "smiling." Boyfriend, with license to carry, drew his handgun and fired 10 (per first article) or 11 (per second article) shots, says he put 9 in torso and one in "central nervous system"). Man also fired several rounds and according to the surviving brother, fired first.

Brother was unharmed, took off, later captured charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Brother told police "the white male [boyfriend] shot in self-defense and should not be charged,” which is an interesting twist.

Boyfriend and girlfriend left scene, driving to boyfriend's father's house, and called an attorney, who contacted police.

Read both articles, there are a lot more details.
Interesting that good guy's girlfriend started calling 911 and then disconnected. Good guy made her cut call off knowing the best course of action is getting attorney involved?
Keep asking the question, “Cui bono?” (For whose benefit?)
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.”
~ Henry David Thoreau

User avatar

AndyC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10765
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Garland, TX

Re: NV: Las Vegas gun owner recalls deadly shootout: 'I got all of my hits'

#3

Post by AndyC » Thu May 21, 2020 11:31 am

Interesting - Tori Nonaka (competitive shooter, etc) is his girlfriend?
Remember Kitty Genovese

Image

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club, Iraq
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners

User avatar

Topic author
ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7495
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: NV: Las Vegas gun owner recalls deadly shootout: 'I got all of my hits'

#4

Post by ELB » Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm

AndyC wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:31 am
Interesting - Tori Nonaka (competitive shooter, etc) is his girlfriend?
I had to look that up. I dunno if same gal tho.
https://www.torinonaka.com/about
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.

User avatar

PUCKER
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Grapevine, TX

Re: NV: Las Vegas gun owner recalls deadly shootout: 'I got all of my hits'

#5

Post by PUCKER » Thu May 21, 2020 4:34 pm

ELB wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm
AndyC wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:31 am
Interesting - Tori Nonaka (competitive shooter, etc) is his girlfriend?
I had to look that up. I dunno if same gal tho.
https://www.torinonaka.com/about
Per my sources, same gal (per racing friends, small circle, only so many of us :tiphat: ).

User avatar

Topic author
ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7495
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: NV: Las Vegas gun owner recalls deadly shootout: 'I got all of my hits'

#6

Post by ELB » Thu May 21, 2020 4:54 pm

PUCKER wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:34 pm
...

Per my sources, same gal (per racing friends, small circle, only so many of us :tiphat: ).
I get the impression she was unarmed when this happened. Whassup with that? Pure gamer I guess.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.

Post Reply

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”