Watch: Good Samaritan Tackles Suspect Who Allegedly Assaulted, Robbed Elderly Man in Hollywood

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Watch: Good Samaritan Tackles Suspect Who Allegedly Assaulted, Robbed Elderly Man in Hollywood

Post by Paladin »

An enjoyable video showing unarmed defense of the elderly/self-defense:

WARNING LANGUAGE IN VIDEO
Last edited by Paladin on Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe

Re: Watch: Good Samaritan Tackles Suspect Who Allegedly Assaulted, Robbed Elderly Man in Hollywood

Post by Rafe »

Big-time language warning, but other than that the samaritan--who's narrating the video--is a Californian we should invite to Texas.

I'm only being partly facetious. Since this happened in Hollywood, it wouldn't shock me if he ended up being charged with assault. Not the homeless dude who punched the elderly man and stole his wallet, but the guy who rushed out of the restaurant to stop the thief. :roll:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

OneGun

Re: Watch: Good Samaritan Tackles Suspect Who Allegedly Assaulted, Robbed Elderly Man in Hollywood

Post by OneGun »

The Good Samaritan will get sued by the thief for tortuous interference in the thief's business.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

OneGun wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:23 pm The Good Samaritan will get sued by the thief for tortuous interference in the thief's business.
I wish this wasn't actually a possibility. :roll:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

That was heart warming to the max!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

ELB

Post by ELB »

Good morning to the store, and unfortunately no good deed goes unpunished.

The homeless guy had been hanging around for a couple months and the restaurant owner had given him free food and drink. The homeless guy repaid but kindness by mugging one of the customers on site.

The restaurant owner and the victim both appear to be hearing for the homeless guy wish to be charged… but the police could not produce him because he was “lost” somewhere in the jail system and they couldn’t find him.

News report w/o language

USAF 1982-2005

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The guy was just going to hold him until LE arrived, but that woman was going to dish out a little punishment. :thumbs2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

ELB wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:28 pm Good morning to the store, and unfortunately no good deed goes unpunished.

The homeless guy had been hanging around for a couple months and the restaurant owner had given him free food and drink. The homeless guy repaid but kindness by mugging one of the customers on site.

The restaurant owner and the victim both appear to be hearing for the homeless guy wish to be charged… but the police could not produce him because he was “lost” somewhere in the jail system and they couldn’t find him.

News report w/o language

A scorpion and a frog meet each other on the banks of a stream. The scorpion is on its way to the other side of the bank and but the waters are too treacherous for it to cross.

So the scorpion politely asks the frog to help carry it across the water. The scorpion tells the frog he is an excellent swimmer with wide back that can easily carry him across.

Suspicious, the frog asks the scorpion, “How do I know you won’t sting me?” The scorpion replies, “Why would I do that? Then we would both drown.” The frog is still unsure and asks the scorpion more questions. The scorpion always seems to have a logical answer.

Satisfied with the scorpion’s reasoning, the frog allows the scorpion to climb on his back and they begin their journey across the water. The waves are high and so the scorpion holds on tight to the frogs body.

However, before they can make it halfway across the stream, the frog feels a sting right in the middle of his back and feels the spread of venom slowly taking over his limbs.

The frog begins to slowly sink under the water and, realizing what has happened, has time to gasp out, “Why did you do that? Now we will both drown and die!”

As the scorpion sinks under with the frog, it replies, “It’s in my nature.”

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”