WA:Man stops to steal a GOP political sign from a farm and before its over his girlfriend is dead

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

WA:Man stops to steal a GOP political sign from a farm and before its over his girlfriend is dead

Post by philip964 »

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/v ... d-n1426636

Washington couple stops at a farm in rural Washington to steal an old political sign from the election in November (not a Trump sign) homeowner thinks somebodies messing with this mailbox and he and the much younger boyfriend get in a fight. Girlfriend gets out of the truck to assist. Man runs back into his house and couple begins using a wheel barrow to bust the door down. His wife grabs a gun. She fires a shot as they run back to the pick up truck killing the girlfriend.

Wife has been arrested, boyfriend was not arrested for the political sign stolen and in his pick up truck bed.

Boyfriend feels real bad.

Husband does not help wife's case because he tells police, she didn't need a gun, we was just fightin'.

clarionite
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WA:Man stops to steal a GOP political sign from a farm and before its over his girlfriend is dead

Post by clarionite »

BF who stopped to steal the sign says no way it was self defense because they were nowhere near the house. Hard to believe if they were ramming the door with a wheel barrow. Which I'm assuming wasn't theirs that the brought with them in the truck.

It's sad that someone lost their life to stupidity. But chasing people into their home and battering the door after you're caught trespassing and stealing isn't really very conducive to a long and healthy life.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WA:Man stops to steal a GOP political sign from a farm and before its over his girlfriend is dead

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 pm https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/v ... d-n1426636

Washington couple stops at a farm in rural Washington to steal an old political sign from the election in November (not a Trump sign) homeowner thinks somebodies messing with this mailbox and he and the much younger boyfriend get in a fight. Girlfriend gets out of the truck to assist. Man runs back into his house and couple begins using a wheel barrow to bust the door down. His wife grabs a gun. She fires a shot as they run back to the pick up truck killing the girlfriend.

Wife has been arrested, boyfriend was not arrested for the political sign stolen and in his pick up truck bed.

Husband does not help wife's case because he tells police, she didn't need a gun, we was just fightin'.
she didn't need a gun
There's is no quote of the husband saying that.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

puma guy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:42 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 pm https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/v ... d-n1426636

she didn't need a gun
“Tryon admitted to KING 5 News that, “me and him were just fightin” and that there was no need for the wife to get her gun.”

Sorry I miss took Tryon for the farmer husband. Do you think it’s Tyrone? And he told it to the News which is not the police.

My mistake.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:07 pm
puma guy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:42 pm

she didn't need a gun
“Tryon admitted to KING 5 News that, “me and him were just fightin” and that there was no need for the wife to get her gun.”

Sorry I miss took Tryon for the farmer husband. Do you think it’s Tyrone? And he told it to the News which is not the police.

My mistake.
Not to worry, I think the author purposely wrote it that way to spin it.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I think the point here, don’t shoot someone fleeing.

In Texas, with your stuff, at night, it becomes a personal option.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”