Carjacking fail (WARNING GRAPHIC/LANGUAGE)

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Carjacking fail (WARNING GRAPHIC/LANGUAGE)

Post by Paladin »

Group of carjackers get more lead than they planned on for Christmas:

WARNING GRAPHIC/LANGUAGE

WARNING GRAPHIC
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Carjacking fail (WARNING GRAPHIC/LANGUAGE)

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The intended victim must have had his gun in his lap. He had great situational awareness and engaged multiple threats immediately.

He'll need a new windshield, but those are a lot easier to get than a complete vehicle, or a new life.

Bravo sir!

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

howdy

Post by howdy »

Possibly a LEO? Looks like some type of computer screen in the car.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

howdy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:21 pm Possibly a LEO? Looks like some type of computer screen in the car.
My thoughts, too.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:32 pm The intended victim must have had his gun in his lap. He had great situational awareness and engaged multiple threats immediately.

He'll need a new windshield, but those are a lot easier to get than a complete vehicle, or a new life.

Bravo sir!

SIA
Obviously in a bad part of town. The very few times I'm in a bad part of town, at night, I get hyper vigilant. Not sure what the background is of the parked vehicle and it's occupants, but it's obvious the driver was expecting trouble. I'll unholster my gun and set it underneath my leg if I'm at the ATM or parked for extended times.
howdy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:21 pm Possibly a LEO? Looks like some type of computer screen in the car.
Looking at the video for a second time a couple of days after the first watch, I'm not so sure it's LEO. Computer is in the backseat and on someones lap. Not mounted on the front like you normally see in a police vehicle. You see it jump when the gunfire starts. Also, not sure I've seen an LEO vehicle with a tow hitch installed before.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:49 am Obviously in a bad part of town. The very few times I'm in a bad part of town, at night, I get hyper vigilant. Not sure what the background is of the parked vehicle and it's occupants, but it's obvious the driver was expecting trouble. I'll unholster my gun and set it underneath my leg if I'm at the ATM or parked for extended times.
Looking at the video for a second time a couple of days after the first watch, I'm not so sure it's LEO. Computer is in the backseat and on someones lap. Not mounted on the front like you normally see in a police vehicle. You see it jump when the gunfire starts. Also, not sure I've seen an LEO vehicle with a tow hitch installed before.
And...the driver opens his door and evidently gets out in order to aim and fire between the frame of the SUV and the door. Certainly a more stable position, if no better regarding cover, but he fires a couple of rounds at the other vehicle that's speeding away, probably moving a little laterally as well, and is already at a distance that might make the shots iffy with a handgun. I'm not sure any LEO I know would attempt shots like that fired down a street at a fleeing vehicle with likely no idea where errant bullets are going to impact. Looks more Hollywood than police procedural.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

There is a lot going on in that self defense video. Vehicle defense really requires specific training. The training can be eye opening even for experienced shooters. These are two videos that will get you pointed in the right direction:

The guys I trained on this stuff (who have substantive backgrounds) indicated it was the most practical training they've had.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

looks like a gang thing to me, both parties.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I’m just amazed at the speed at which, a threat is identified and the first bullets are fired.

I’d still be at, “hey why is that guy in a hurry”.

And are mini vans now the big target for carjackers.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

philip964 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:03 pm I’m just amazed at the speed at which, a threat is identified and the first bullets are fired.

I’d still be at, “hey why is that guy in a hurry”.

And are mini vans now the big target for carjackers.
I'm not but no idea on the mindset of the good guy. In my mind, I'm hyper vigilant in that sort of situation and have a gun ready. Unless you've been in those sort of situations (regularly) and/or prepared for something to happen, you just never know. I don't live in an ideal neighborhood and rarely go out at night. But Idang sure keep an eye on my surroundings when I go out at night to run to the grocery/convenience store, ATM, or drive thru line. Probably doesn't hurt that I'm never comfortable with my surroundings.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

Has the original video been removed or is it just not viewable if you don’t have X?

JRG

Post by JRG »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:59 am Has the original video been removed or is it just not viewable if you don’t have X?
I wondered the same thing Carl.

Joe

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JRG wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:33 am
carlson1 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:59 am Has the original video been removed or is it just not viewable if you don’t have X?

Joe
Joe I can now see it. Hope you can.

JRG

Post by JRG »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:06 am

Joe
Yes, I watched it just now.
Thanks,
Joe

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JRG wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:51 pm
carlson1 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:06 am

Joe
Yes, I watched it just now.
Thanks,
Joe
Yes sir. I am like some of the others said it just happens so quick out of nowhere.

Merry Christmas Joe and may God Bless your 2024 in a huge way my friend.

Carl

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”