TX: Pair shot while breaking into vehicles

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Pair shot while breaking into vehicles

Post by Beiruty »

One of us acted. Please support him and do not ask questions. We hope everything would be alright. The Ring leader was on probation for another felony. No, no bail for that repeat offender.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

Jago668 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:29 pm I just got word that the prosecutor has decided not to take the case to a grand jury. The two people did not get shot for burglary, they got shot for trying to run me over. I kept from commenting just in case. I still don't want to get into details for the same reason, but will say had they just driven off I would not have even pulled my pistol much less shot. DPD arrived, secured the scene (took forever as they decided which detective group was getting the case), went to the station with them, made a statement, retrieved my property, and went home. I have nothing but good to say for DPD, they were courteous and professional the entire time.
Good shooting! :txflag:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Paladin wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:11 pm
Jago668 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:29 pm I just got word that the prosecutor has decided not to take the case to a grand jury. The two people did not get shot for burglary, they got shot for trying to run me over. I kept from commenting just in case. I still don't want to get into details for the same reason, but will say had they just driven off I would not have even pulled my pistol much less shot. DPD arrived, secured the scene (took forever as they decided which detective group was getting the case), went to the station with them, made a statement, retrieved my property, and went home. I have nothing but good to say for DPD, they were courteous and professional the entire time.
Good shooting! :txflag:
Funny enough that's what the patrol officer that I rode with said when I left the station that night.
NRA Benefactor Member

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I am glad that the important people are OK, ie you. Thanks for the update!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Glad to hear of the positive outcome for you. :txflag:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Whoa. :shock:

Well glad to hear you're OK and it won't be brought to the grand jury. And this isn't meant to be flippant, but I hope your hearing is OK too.
Psalm 91:2

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Awesome Jago. Nicely done. :cheers2:

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

We may still all want to choose our words wisely here so the DA doesn't read something that causes a change of heart. Or worse still, causes some criminal rights group to put pressure on the DA.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Good deal! Happy to hear the outcome.
USAF 1982-2005

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Glad you were able to defend yourself and make it out of a dangerous encounter in tact.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

SQLGeek wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:58 pm ...I hope your hearing is OK too.
No ringing of ears at all. Can guarantee auditory exclusion is real, I barely registered the sound of the gunshots.

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:23 pm We may still all want to choose our words wisely here so the DA doesn't read something that causes a change of heart. Or worse still, causes some criminal rights group to put pressure on the DA.
Or a new DA later down the road. What you said is why I didn't mention anything here at the time, and why I still don't want to put details up. The only people that I told details to were the detective and my wife.

I appreciate the comments. I wouldn't mind sharing stuff not about the actual incident (like officer interaction, or dealing with CCW Safe) if someone or people are curious. PM me, no reason to let the news bots get hold of it and try to make something out of nothing.
NRA Benefactor Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Jago668 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:26 pm
No ringing of ears at all. Can guarantee auditory exclusion is real, I barely registered the sound of the gunshots.

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:23 pm We may still all want to choose our words wisely here so the DA doesn't read something that causes a change of heart. Or worse still, causes some criminal rights group to put pressure on the DA.
Or a new DA later down the road. What you said is why I didn't mention anything here at the time, and why I still don't want to put details up. The only people that I told details to were the detective and my wife.

I appreciate the comments. I wouldn't mind sharing stuff not about the actual incident (like officer interaction, or dealing with CCW Safe) if someone or people are curious. PM me, no reason to let the news bots get hold of it and try to make something out of nothing.
I think you are wise to not talk publicly about the incident. I wouldn't discuss via PM either. You never really know who is on the other end.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mupepe

Post by mupepe »

I just wanted to say I’m glad it all turned out well for you.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Glad you are ok and it worked out for you. If it were me, I'd fight the temptation and requests to post details on the internet.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

Jago668 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:26 pm

PM downrange

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”