IN: Pizza delivery guy shoots robber - I think

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 4

IN: Pizza delivery guy shoots robber - I think

Post by ELB »

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/cri ... ce=dlvr.it

If you go to the link above, read the story from bottom to top, I think it will make more sense that way.

As I read it, in Lafayette:

At 12:50am Somebody tried to rob a pizza delivery guy, who was armed and fired at the robber. The robber run off into the night. Appears police responded and didn’t find a suspect.

At about 1:15 AM a.m. male neighbor returning home from work walked by the front of a Vacant apartment while taking out his trash. He did not see anything unusual then.

About 2:30 AM the female occupant of the apartment next to the vacant one heard a crash out front, but since noise was not unusual in her neighborhood she went back to sleep.

At 7 AM an 11-year-old boy on his way to school found a dead male teenager laying In front of the vacant apartment, apparently close to a porch post that had been knocked out of place. The dead teen was from Chicago and have been visiting his aunt who lived in the neighborhood.

Police have not released cause of death other than to say it was a homicide. They also have not made public any connection between the attempted robbery and the dead teen.

But it looks like at least one possibility is that the dead teen was the would-be robber, got shot, and ran around until he bled out.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
ELB

Re: IN: Pizza delivery guy shoots robber - I think

Post by ELB »

http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Gunsho ... 59371.html
Tippecanoe County Coroner Donna Avolt confirmed to News 18 that the preliminary cause of death of 16-year-old Keiandre Holt is a gunshot wound to the neck. She said the preliminary manner of death is a homicide.

Avolt finished the autopsy at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. She said it is important to note a homicide does not imply murder. She said the definition of a homicide is a person killing another person, intent is not included.
Police continue to investigate the pizza robbery. Suspect's handgun was found at the scene of the robbery.
USAF 1982-2005

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Oh, snap! He made an error in the victim selection process!

Chicago hoodlum, used to unarmed victims, heads to Indiana for the summer.

Indiana is very pro-2A.....oh oh, robbery victims have guns here!

Instant karma's gonna get ya!.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

No mention of whether or not the dead guy had any skittles or iced tea on him.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

Few more details on the dead kid and the pizza almost-robbery:

- There was only one report of gunshot(s) in area of robbery and dead kid that night, Which was the pizza delivery guy firing at the robber.

- Body found 220 feet from scene of robbery

- body had bullet hole in front center of neck, and had bled out internally

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/cri ... 062610002/
USAF 1982-2005

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

ELB wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:32 pm Few more details on the dead kid and the pizza almost-robbery:

- There was only one report of gunshot(s) in area of robbery and dead kid that night, Which was the pizza delivery guy firing at the robber.

Hole in neck, single shot. Little external bleeding. Bled out internally. A small caliber? Could a .380 wound act like that?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Liberty wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:53 am
ELB wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:32 pm Few more details on the dead kid and the pizza almost-robbery:

Hole in neck, single shot. Little external bleeding. Bled out internally. A small caliber? Could a .380 wound act like that?
Heck, I’ve seen a .22 act exactly like that.

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

An update, and this is a bit weird:

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/cri ... 120709002/
LAFAYETTE — A man armed with a pistol forced his way into Chante R. Tolbert's Amelia Avenue apartment and threatened to kill her if she didn't give him Keiandre Holt's belongings.
Keiandre Holt is the dead teen found early in the morning in front of an abandoned apartment with a bullet wound to the throat, not far from where a pizza delivery driver fired his handgun one time at someone who attempted to rob him just after midnight a few hours earlier.

Police have not announced a connection between the robbery and the dead teen. Yet.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”