LA: LSU football player kills would-be robber

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

LA: LSU football player kills would-be robber

Post by ELB »

LSU football players threatened in robbery shoot and kill 18-year-old suspect

Two LSU football players were selling an electronic gizmo when the potential buyer came up with a weapon and attempted to rob the players. One of the players was armed with a handgun and shot the robber multiple times, killing him. The article says the football players were "allegedly arrested," but also says they were detained, questioned, and released, so I wonder if they were really arrested at all.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: LA: LSU football player kills would-be robber

Post by ELB »

Update:

https://www.klfy.com/news/louisiana/-to ... 1681112868
"From what I know and what I have seen and heard, this is a totally justified shooting," [Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar] Moore said in a phone interview with the USA Today Network Friday afternoon. "From what I've been able to gather, and I was at the scene and in the interviews with the two players, it was totally justifiable under the circumstances."
Edwards-Helaire, Small receive vocal support from LSU offense after fatal shooting
LSU head coach Ed Orgeron said Thursday night that the players "are two of the best young men on our football team. We believe in Clyde and Jared and we support them totally."
They were cleared to participate in the Fiesta Bowl and traveled with the team, but I don't know if they actually played or not.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”