IN: Pawn shop clerk shoots robber

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

IN: Pawn shop clerk shoots robber

Post by ELB »

https://www.wishtv.com/news/crime-watch ... 1814730196
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police were sent shortly after 3:35 p.m. to a robbery in progress and a person shot at Irvington Plaza Shopping Center at 6241 E. Washington St. The shooting happened at the EZPawn store.

"Shooter stayed on-scene, witnesses cooperating with detectives.”

...Police later said that the shooter was a store employee.
The robber, 15yo, died at hospital.

If you scan for these type stories, as I do, I've noticed lately that a number of stories that involve a defensive gun use do not explicitly label them as such, or as self-defense. Often they just start out as "Somebody got shot" and later in the story you find out it was a SD situation.
USAF 1982-2005

jason812

Re: IN: Pawn shop clerk shoots robber

Post by jason812 »

That's because firearms used in self defense does not fit the narrative the media is trying to feed the population.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Middle Age Russ

Re: IN: Pawn shop clerk shoots robber

Post by Middle Age Russ »

If you scan for these type stories, as I do, I've noticed lately that a number of stories that involve a defensive gun use do not explicitly label them as such, or as self-defense.
When the narrative you are pushing involves the use of made-up terms like "gun violence", this is the sort of reporting you expect.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”