TX: Houston son kills one robber with a head shot after family attacked

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

TX: Houston son kills one robber with a head shot after family attacked

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/son- ... police-say

Wild story. Husband comes home, attacked by three masked men as he’s getting out of car. Pistol whipped.
Forced to go into home with robbers, who begin to ransack home. Unknown to robbers, two daughters (20 and 15) are hiding upstairs. They set off panic alarm. ( remember police are only 10 minutes away when you need them now ). Armed robbers force dad to turn off alarm, which immediately goes off again. Robbers realize there are more people in the house than the dad. They now search and find the two sisters hiding in a closet. At this point mom and son come home in separate cars.

Son identifies problem and finds his or his dads gun in the house and shoots one robber in the head, killing him.

The two other robber rush outside, the mom and another child are still in their car, they jump on the hood of that car. The mom puts it in reverse and sends them flying. They then steal dad’s car and speed off.

Mom finds police at nearby Whataburger and alerts them. Still apparently not notified by 911 yet. Whew.

Good shooting Tex.

Now sure how this would have turned out if son did not come home or there was not a gun in the home.

Will not be shouted from roof tops by the MSM.

Redneck_Buddha

Re: TX: Houston son kills one robber with a head shot after family attacked

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Fantastic work by the 19 year old. :hurry: Horrible work by "emergency" dispatch. :oops:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:36 pm Fantastic work by the 19 year old. :hurry: Horrible work by "emergency" dispatch. :oops:
I am assuming the police had not been notified by 911 at the time they were notified by the mom in person.

A lot of time the alarm companies want to call phone numbers to find people and make sure, before they call the police.

I assume this is to avoid you swatting yourself.

I am also assuming they also do this with panic button alarms as well, but I don’t know.

I guess a trigger is 100 times better than a panic button any day.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:51 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:36 pm Fantastic work by the 19 year old. :hurry: Horrible work by "emergency" dispatch. :oops:
I am assuming the police had not been notified by 911 at the time they were notified by the mom in person.

A lot of time the alarm companies want to call phone numbers to find people and make sure, before they call the police.

I am also assuming they also do this with panic button alarms as well, but I don’t know.

I see what you're saying. If so, my bad.

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

Wowzer!
USAF 1982-2005

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I assume that it is to filter out false alarms. There are probably 100 false alarms for every real one.
NRA Endowment Member

flechero

Post by flechero »

WildBill wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:37 pm

I assume that it is to filter out false alarms. There are probably 100 false alarms for every real one.
Turn that around to liberal speak... if it only saves 1 life, it will be worth all the hassle.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”