CA: Baypoint liquor store GG kills BG with 1 round.

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

CA: Baypoint liquor store GG kills BG with 1 round.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubM4v4ZnBek

The above link is a news report with embedded video from a store robbery. The BG pistol whips the clerk 3X and lays his scalp open. It took the medicos 14 staples to close his wound.

The clerk was 56 years old, a USAF veteran (1980-84), and has security training. But I believe he made a mistake in not carrying onbody.

But good on the clerk since he eventually got to the store's handgun, and with one unaimed shot, he killed the robber. The robber managed to exit the store and die in the parking lot.

What was not mentioned in this particular video is that the BG was apparently a gang member, the clerk's full name has been well publicized, and the gang wants to murder the clerk for killing their homeboy. Sheesh.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CA: Baypoint liquor store GG kills BG with 1 round.

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Well, they better not make any mistakes. He doesn't even have to aim and gets the money shot. He better start carrying now and expect an ambush. Be observent and on high alert. That's hard to do your job under those circumstances. All gangs need to be listed as terrorists and eradicated to a deserted island (like pappilion)with all those cop killers and other murderers and full time prison tennants on vacations. Drop off plenty of food and other items for torture.They can have all the killings with each other they want to with like minded individuals.We can have a reality tv show and watch them. If they run out of bullets and criminals we could have a lottery system and send more tools for the job until they quit due to attrition. That show could last for years (24-7) and with no reruns. Prisons would be just a short holding tank until their lottery numbers came up using their prison ID's as their numbers. It would free up some badly needed space and we wouldn't have to use taxpayers money to build more space. Just wait a few days and we will have more room. Would probably be the #1 show on t.v. it would make all the cop shows on t.v. look like science fiction shows. . whatchall think? Sounds like a good plan to me. Just venting... I'm through.
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

The point being missed is that this was in CA. It is unlikely that clerk will be allowed to carry, unless he has made a large contribution to the Sheriff's campaign fund.

:banghead:
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Based on that video the clerk is darned lucky the BG did not shoot back.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

skeathley wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:09 pm The point being missed is that this was in CA. It is unlikely that clerk will be allowed to carry, unless he has made a large contribution to the Sheriff's campaign fund.

:banghead:
An article written in 2017 stated that there were 317 concealed carry permits issued in Contra Costa County California.
It also stated that only 17% of the applicants were approved. That is not very many applications from a county with a population of 1,147,000.
I guess most people don't want to go through the process to apply.

https://concealednation.org/2017/02/con ... -abc-news/
NRA Endowment Member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Blackhorse1 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:59 pm Well, they better not make any mistakes. He doesn't even have to aim and gets the money shot. He better start carrying now and expect an ambush. Be observent and on high alert. That's hard to do your job under those circumstances. All gangs need to be listed as terrorists and eradicated to a deserted island (like pappilion)with all those cop killers and other murderers and full time prison tennants on vacations. Drop off plenty of food and other items for torture.They can have all the killings with each other they want to with like minded individuals.We can have a reality tv show and watch them. If they run out of bullets and criminals we could have a lottery system and send more tools for the job until they quit due to attrition. That show could last for years (24-7) and with no reruns. Prisons would be just a short holding tank until their lottery numbers came up using their prison ID's as their numbers. It would free up some badly needed space and we wouldn't have to use taxpayers money to build more space. Just wait a few days and we will have more room. Would probably be the #1 show on t.v. it would make all the cop shows on t.v. look like science fiction shows. . whatchall think? Sounds like a good plan to me. Just venting... I'm through.
You do realize, you've just described the fictional Richard Dawson game show in the Ah-nold movie "The Running Man"? "rlol"
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Didn't know about that "running man stuff". I just thought it seems to be the way to help those who cannot stay out of trouble. They could have a lifetime of it there with like minded individuals. Heck they could start a gang there and everyone could join in. The low lifes and the up yours gang. The up yours gang would wear the droopy draws. We need an island like that and a reality show. I believe it could make the upcoming criminals think twice about that chosen profession and make them change their minds. If not maybe they could see if they could make it through a 20 year probation there and stay out of trouble or front line sandbags for iraq/Afghanistan jackasses. We'll just call them dirtbags for a good cause. :chldancing :chldancing
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Blackhorse1 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:59 pm He better start carrying now and expect an ambush.
Good luck with that. Baypoint is in the San Francisco Bay region, and located in Contra Costa County. In California, county sheriffs are the controlling authority who decides who can have a carry license and who can’t.

https://concealednation.org/2017/02/con ... -abc-news/
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA — A Public Records Request made by ABC 7 News was honored by the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office. Within that request was the names and locations of every single registered concealed carrier in the county.

According to the Sheriff’s Office’s official statement, it’s a point of pride that only 17% of applicant requests for a concealed carry permit are approved. But, for the remaining 317 concealed carriers that were issued permits through Contra Costa county, their names and locations are now in the hands of a major news organization.
Get that? Only 317 permits have been issued in a county with 1,150,215 residents. Those permit holders represent the only 17% of applicants who were approved, and the sheriff gave their names AND addresses to a leftist news organization, "for public's safety" reasons.

So EVEN IF he succeeded in getting a carry permit, the people who want to kill him would have no trouble finding out where he lived.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”