MO: St. Louis Lawyers Defend Mansion From BLM Protesters In Viral Video

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

seph
Posts in topic: 3

Re: MO: St. Louis Lawyers Defend Mansion From BLM Protesters In Viral Video

Post by seph »

Don't forgot, he's also running for public office. He's not just like you or me, he wants to represent others, so thus held to a higher standard. Rolling over for things only affecting his life, you can just imagine how bad he rolls over for everyone else's rights
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Paladin »

SA-TX wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:38 pm
extremist wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:43 am
seph wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:44 am
philip964 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:49 pm So is this a win?
No, it's not. They took the easy way out with a plea bargain, surrendered their firearms, and let the other side take a win.

Most definitely not a win.
Agreed. Very disappointing.
Yes and no. No it isn't full vindication. However, several more years of litigation and many thousands more $ later to achieve exoneration (or a pardon) would make for a pyrrhic victory.

Judging by the description of the offense they pled to, it is a low-level misdemeanor that won't really hurt (maybe like Class C in TX). It avoids a very possible felony conviction given the local jury pool and the necessity to appeal before finally being vindicated. In the interim, would they lose their civil rights? Their law licenses?

Additionally, the governor said in the past that he would pardon them. I wish we would have long ago but perhaps MO law requires a conviction/guilty plea before he can? If he keeps his word, they won't have any legal consequences.

In short, while I'd love to see them beat this bum rap, this allows them to get on with their life much sooner with virtually no negative consequences and that seems like a very reasonable proposition to me.

SA-TX
:iagree:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

seph wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:56 pm Don't forgot, he's also running for public office. He's not just like you or me, he wants to represent others, so thus held to a higher standard. Rolling over for things only affecting his life, you can just imagine how bad he rolls over for everyone else's rights
I disagree with calling it "rolling over". Any attorney will present you with options and educate you on the risks involved in taking a lesser conviction or of a jury finding you guilty. Jury's are one of those things one can never be sure of. It is real easy for an innocent person to end up being found guilty. It is a risk/reward situation. Let's see now, take a misdemeanor and small fine or fight for two years and possibly do time for a felony conviction? That is a pretty easy choice to make. Defending ourselves is our right but that does not mean it is going to be at no expense. I was out about 18-20K before receiving a "No Bill" on a self defense situation and relieved it did not go to trial.

seph
Posts in topic: 3

Post by seph »

He pled guilty to a crime when he did not commit one. There are worse things I could call him instead of just saying he rolled over.

If I lived in the district he is running, I could not stomach voting for him.

Oh well, moving on.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BigGuy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:05 pm
seph wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:56 pm Don't forgot, he's also running for public office. He's not just like you or me, he wants to represent others, so thus held to a higher standard. Rolling over for things only affecting his life, you can just imagine how bad he rolls over for everyone else's rights
I disagree with calling it "rolling over". Any attorney will present you with options and educate you on the risks involved in taking a lesser conviction or of a jury finding you guilty. Jury's are one of those things one can never be sure of. It is real easy for an innocent person to end up being found guilty. It is a risk/reward situation. Let's see now, take a misdemeanor and small fine or fight for two years and possibly do time for a felony conviction? That is a pretty easy choice to make. Defending ourselves is our right but that does not mean it is going to be at no expense. I was out about 18-20K before receiving a "No Bill" on a self defense situation and relieved it did not go to trial.
:iagree: I've got to admit, that's probably what I would have done in his position. I've been on juries. They are unpredictable. But, I'd still be vocal about it and try to get those who prosecuted me out of office. Taking the deal isn't necessarily rolling over. Calling it just would be.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Godfather Of Color Revolutions: George Soros
Ever wonder why urban terrorists can burn down cities with no consequences but the McClaskys are prosecuted for defending their home against the same? The answer is George Soros, his money, and his influence.
Want your country back? The way to defund George Soro's minions is to defund George Soros. That would involve making him pay more than zero dollars in tax every year.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 4

Post by eyedoc »

'Checking out my new AR!' Gloating attorney Mark McCloskey shows off his new rifle bought just days after court ordered him and his wife to surrender their weapons used in BLM confrontation

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

eyedoc wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:07 pm 'Checking out my new AR!' Gloating attorney Mark McCloskey shows off his new rifle bought just days after court ordered him and his wife to surrender their weapons used in BLM confrontation

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

Outstanding!!!

If they came back to Dallas I'd give 'em some free training

philip964
Posts in topic: 42

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/governor-pard ... 03393.html

Governor pardoned the couple.

Still a travesty of justice.

philip964
Posts in topic: 42

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-gun-waving ... 59764.html

Judge rules, they don’t get guns back.

Cop a plea, get pardoned. St. Louis keeps your guns.

Boy the cities I would never visit, keeps getting longer.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ruark »

Hmmmn.,.. that looks like a cheap, plain vanilla low-end AR. He's obviously quite wealthy; I would expect him to be holding some more high-end weapon, with floating barrel, full length foregrip, furniture, etc. Just a thought.
-Ruark

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”