MO: St. Louis Lawyers Defend Mansion From BLM Protesters In Viral Video

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

philip964
Posts in topic: 42

Re: MO: St. Louis Lawyers Defend Mansion From BLM Protesters In Viral Video

Post by philip964 »

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/polit ... 959f5124cc

Mark McCloskey who protected his home in St Louis is running for Senate.

He was a Democrat, running in Republican primary against AG and former Governor.

rtschl
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rtschl »

philip964 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:36 pm https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/polit ... 959f5124cc

He was a Democrat, running in Republican primary against AG and former Governor.
I watched him on Tucker Carlson's show and Tucker said he was a Democrat and became a Republican but McCloskey corrected him and said he has always been a Republican. Snopes, which I take with a grain of salt, stated that he has given to both Democrats and Republicans locally. It further stated that he gave to Donald Trump's campaign in 2016.

But what concerns me is his history of lawsuits. He's a personal injury attorney and it seems he's prolific in filing lawsuits and if I remember correctly filing suits against gun manufacturers.
Ron
NRA Member

mcscanner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mcscanner »

rtschl wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:22 am
philip964 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:36 pm https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/polit ... 959f5124cc

I watched him on Tucker Carlson's show and Tucker said he was a Democrat and became a Republican but McCloskey corrected him and said he has always been a Republican. Snopes, which I take with a grain of salt, stated that he has given to both Democrats and Republicans locally. It further stated that he gave to Donald Trump's campaign in 2016.

But what concerns me is his history of lawsuits. He's a personal injury attorney and it seems he's prolific in filing lawsuits and if I remember correctly filing suits against gun manufacturers.
I believe prolific and personal injury go hand in hand. If he is a good attorney he is skilled to work either side of an issue like a debate team member. In this case he gets to pick and is not assigned which side. He also knows were bigger and easy $$$ are to cover his hours. His pass litigation might be a sign of personal interest or just about the $$$. Something he will likely never admit to. Just a 2cent opinion. :totap:
Mike
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Looks like they lost their guns but will be able to purchase new ones.

www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-couple-mark ... -lose-guns
Last edited by mojo84 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

mojo84 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:43 pm Looks like they are gun owners no more.

"The good news is we’re not in front of charges now, so I don’t have any problem getting myself another AR," he said.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

eyedoc wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:48 pm

"The good news is we’re not in front of charges now, so I don’t have any problem getting myself another AR," he said.
Good catch. Was working, reading and posting and missed that part when I skimmed the article. Thanks :tiphat:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

So is this a win?

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Paladin »

eyedoc wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:48 pm

:thewave :thewave :thewave
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Armybrat

Post by Armybrat »

So, i wonder if their confiscated defensive tools are going to remain in the evidence locker, be destroyed, or “liberated” by a sticky-fingered SLPD employee? :???:

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

Armybrat wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 am So, i wonder if their confiscated defensive tools are going to remain in the evidence locker, be destroyed, or “liberated” by a sticky-fingered SLPD employee? :???:
They will be destroyed officially. Who knows if they might really walk away.

seph
Posts in topic: 3

Post by seph »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:49 pm So is this a win?
No, it's not. They took the easy way out with a plea bargain, surrendered their firearms, and let the other side take a win.

Most definitely not a win.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

extremist

Post by extremist »

seph wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:44 am
No, it's not. They took the easy way out with a plea bargain, surrendered their firearms, and let the other side take a win.

Agreed. Very disappointing.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

extremist wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:43 am

Yes and no. No it isn't full vindication. However, several more years of litigation and many thousands more $ later to achieve exoneration (or a pardon) would make for a pyrrhic victory.

Judging by the description of the offense they pled to, it is a low-level misdemeanor that won't really hurt (maybe like Class C in TX). It avoids a very possible felony conviction given the local jury pool and the necessity to appeal before finally being vindicated. In the interim, would they lose their civil rights? Their law licenses?

Additionally, the governor said in the past that he would pardon them. I wish we would have long ago but perhaps MO law requires a conviction/guilty plea before he can? If he keeps his word, they won't have any legal consequences.

In short, while I'd love to see them beat this bum rap, this allows them to get on with their life much sooner with virtually no negative consequences and that seems like a very reasonable proposition to me.

SA-TX

philip964

Post by philip964 »

It sounded like that if you point a gun at a lawbreaker to get them to stop their illegal activity and it causes them to fear for their life in Missouri, it violates the law.

That’s what they pled guilty to. As he said that’s what we did.

Sounds like Missouri needs to work on their protection of property laws.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

SA-TX wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:38 pm
extremist wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:43 am

Yes and no. No it isn't full vindication. However, several more years of litigation and many thousands more $ later to achieve exoneration (or a pardon) would make for a pyrrhic victory.

Judging by the description of the offense they pled to, it is a low-level misdemeanor that won't really hurt (maybe like Class C in TX). It avoids a very possible felony conviction given the local jury pool and the necessity to appeal before finally being vindicated. In the interim, would they lose their civil rights? Their law licenses?

Additionally, the governor said in the past that he would pardon them. I wish we would have long ago but perhaps MO law requires a conviction/guilty plea before he can? If he keeps his word, they won't have any legal consequences.

In short, while I'd love to see them beat this bum rap, this allows them to get on with their life much sooner with virtually no negative consequences and that seems like a very reasonable proposition to me.

SA-TX
To be honest, if I were in their situation I would have taken the same deal. I am not wealthy enough to afford the legal fees it would take to possibly come out innocent. We saw what kind of jury pool Chauvin received. This one would be just as tainted.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”